Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a flavorful side dish that’s perfect for potlucks or your next game day party! Your guests will love it!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Potato salad is one of my favorite side dishes this time of year. While I’m a picky ass about my potato salads, there are some flavors that are just made to go with potatoes and there’s no denying it. Bacon, cheese, and green onions definitely fall into that category. So I’m turning my favorite potato salad recipe up a notch with this Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad! This recipe is crazy good. One bite and everyone will be asking for the recipe. Promise.
This salad is super easy to make. Boil some potatoes. Cook up some crispy bacon. Throw everything in a bowl and mix, and that’s it! The tangy ranch flavors go great with the classic loaded baked potato toppings. The best part is you can add more cheese, bacon, and green onion to your liking. And it never hurts to sprinkle some of the potato toppings on the salad to add some color for extra presentation points. This potato salad recipe is great along side everything from burgers and dogs to grilled chicken and ribs. You may want to make a double batch. It goes fast!
If you’re a potato lover too, get ready to drool! We’re having a potato party for this month’s feast & devour! All these recipes are perfect for parties and taste as good as they look. Get the recipe for your favorites by clicking the links below.
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Parmesan Red Potato Wedges
- Twice Baked Potato Bites
- BBQ Pulled Pork Stuffed Potato Skins
- Taco Tater Tot Bites
- Canadian Poutine
Hungry for more?
- 6 red potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 ounce packet ranch dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooked, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream and mustard until combined and smooth. Add the ranch dressing mix, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Whisk to combine.
- Add the potatoes to the dressing and stir with a wooden spoon until the potatoes are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Add almost all of the cheese, bacon, and green onion to the potatoes. (Reserve a little of each to garnish the top of the salad.) Gently mix everything together.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl, and garnish with the reserved cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Serve immediately (if you don't mind a warm potato salad) or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I prefer to let my potato salads chill in the fridge to the flavors have more time to marry together. That being said, this salad is great to eat right away too.
- If you can't find ranch dressing mix packets at the store, you can substitute 3 tablespoons of my mom's homemade ranch dressing mix.