You’ll never buy a store-bought packet again after trying my Mom’s Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix! Easy to make and mixed with a few wet ingredients it makes the best home ranch dressing!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
As you read this, We’re moving! We got the keys to our new rental house on Wednesday, and I’ve been taking over can loads of boxes ever since. The new house is bigger, has a living room & family room (see: playroom for the boys), and a 4th bedroom which will become our office. I can’t wait to have a real workspace!
So this dressing mix. We went over to my mom’s a couple months ago to visit. My step-dad just had a triple bypass and Grandpa was in town. Mom was doing an easy dinner – more than needed, I would have happily cooked – but it was nice to bring the littles over to give her a smile during all the stress and worry. For the salad, she busted out this ranch dressing mix and whip up a batch of dressing. It was so good! I can’t wait to use this mix as a rub for some chicken.
The dressing is thinner than say Hidden Valley Ranch, but I like the flavor profile a lot. It’s seriously the best ranch I’ve had. When I went to make this mix, I realized I already had everything I needed too. There are no big surprise ingredients, just spices you know and love. You can use either fresh grated or shelf stable Parmesan cheese for this recipe. Be sure to store your mix in the fridge if you’re using fresh cheese.
We like this on our Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix!
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 7 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , (fresh or shelf-stable)
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, no substitutions here!
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Store in an airtight container - in the fridge for fresh cheese, or in the pantry for shelf-stable cheese.
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined and smooth. Makes 2 cups of dressing.
If you’re making this recipe for a food gift, here are some printable labels with the recipe to make dressing from the ranch mix!