Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Cream is a luscious cheesecake perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any day!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Hey y’all!! I’m excited to be hanging out at Julie’s place while she’s away! Many of you know that she’s getting married – and I have to share my congratulations to Mike and Julie! I’m wishing you two all of the best!! As you start this new journey in life, may every day hold wonderful shared experiences! ((Hugs))
Ok, now that we have the mushy stuff out of the way, let me tell you who I am! 🙂 I’m Jamie and I blog over in my little corner of the internet on a blog called Love Bakes Good Cakes. Although the name may imply I only share cakes, that’s not exactly the truth! I share lots of family-friendly recipes!
I have loved Julie’s blog since the first time I read it! I have always loved her work and I was fortunate enough to meet her at Blended Conference last year in Phoenix. She is such a fun person and I can’t remember a time when I laughed so much! *Shameless plug alert* ….. In full disclosure, I am an ambassador for Blended Conference. You can join us (Julie and I will be there with a bunch of other awesome bloggers!!) in Phoenix for Blended Conference 2015!! Tickets are on sale now – we would LOVE to see you there!! It’s going to be a blast! 🙂
Knowing a little bit about Julie, I kinda wanted to share a recipe I was sure she would love! Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Topping anyone?! I know … the name is extremely long. Sorry about that. Once you’re stuffing your face with this deliciousness, you won’t even care what it’s called.
Since Julie’s getting married in March, an Irish Cream liqueur dessert seemed appropriate – right!? Plus, you can never go wrong with cheesecake and chocolate! Amiright?! I was pretty sure anything with booze would be a hit! 🙂
I know some people are intimidated with cheesecakes …. don’t be! They’re actually pretty easy to make! If you worry about your cheesecake cracking (it does happen sometimes) … I’ve got an awesome Irish Cream Whipped Topping to cover the cracks – no one will even notice! 🙂 You’ll look all fancy-pants when you share this dessert and people will think you’re a rock-star baker! Which, if you make this Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Topping, you kinda will be a rock-star baker. Just sayin’.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 24 ounces packages cream cheese, or three 8 ounce packages, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur, like Bailey's or Ryan's
Irish Cream Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, like Bailey's or Ryan's
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 strawberry, sliced
Crust & Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed. Pat into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, white sugar, cocoa powder, and flour. Beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the sour cream and Irish cream liqueur; mixing on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- With a knife, carefully loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Chill.
Irish Cream Whipped Cream:
- Chill a medium bowl. After the bowl is chilled, beat the whipping cream and sugar in the chilled bowl with an electric mixer on HIGH speed until stiff. Mix in Irish cream liqueur just until combined.
- Top cooled cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Cream. Sprinkle with additional Oreo crumbs. Garnish with a sliced strawberry.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Homemade Chocolate Pudding