Garlic Parmesan Croutons are so good, you may never get the store bought ones again! They are a great compliment to a healthy salad or side dish!
It’s no secret I’m bread obsessed. I mean, hello! Look at the name of this site. But if you can believe it, I’d never made my own croutons. I’ve meant to more time than I can count, and it just never happened. But this week I grabbed to bull by the horns and got on it!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Now I’m kicking for not doing this sooner! These croutons are a snap to make and have a great flavorful. They totally made my salad, and I was all proud of myself for making them from scratch as I scarfed that salad down. Seriously, the next time you have some French bread or a baguette that’s been sitting for a day or two don’t throw it away! Make croutons instead. Your salad will love you for it.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic and oil. Set garlic steep for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Strain garlic from oil and pour oil over bread. Add 1/2 the garlic the oil to the bowl. Season with Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, paprika, pepper, and salt. Stir with a large spoon until bread cubes are well coated and seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Pour bread cubes onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, and then stir croutons. Bake for another 15 minutes, and then group the croutons together so they're touching. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove croutons from the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.