Creamsicle Orange Jello Shots are a delicious combination of fruity orange jello and creamy whipped vodka for a perfect party shot!
It doesn’t matter if you call them a creamsicle or a dreamsicle, the classic combination of vanilla and orange is always good. These easy creamsicle orange jello shots take the flavors you loved as a kid and turned them into a party starter you’ll want to share will all your friends! With just 3 ingredients, plus garnish if you want to get fancy, there’s no reason not to make them.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I remember when I was in elementary school there would always be popsicle sale on Friday after school. I was always a rocket pop girl, but then one week there were creamsicles. Creamy vanilla ice cream coated in orange popsicle… where did this magic come from? Ever since I’ve loved vanilla and orange together. Now, I’m turning them into a jello shot that’s crazy good and perfect for your next party.
You could use fresh orange juice for these orange creamsicle jello shots. You could, but grabbing a bow of orange jello mix, some water, and whipped cream vodka is just so darn easy.
I like to serve this homemade orange vodka jell o shot in a plastic cup so I can stack them up or take them along to a friend’s house. But you could totally make them in a shot glass if you prefer, there’s just no squeeze option with glass.
How to make Orange Jello Shots
Place gelatin mix in a medium mixing bowl. Add the boiling water and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Add cold water and vodka. whisk to combine.
Place cups on a baking sheet or platter. Pour jello into 2-ounce plastic cups until about 3/4 full.
Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. Put lids on cups and chill until ready to serve.
Garnish shots with whipped cream and 1 Mandarin orange (so there are no orange rinds) just before serving, if desired.
These shots hit the flavor make without any kind of garnish, but a little whipped cream and orange on top adds a nice touch. You do want to wait to garnish until right before serving. The whipped cream will start to breakdown with the citric acid.
Can you put fresh oranges in jello?
Heck yes you can! If you prefer, chop up some navel or Mandarin oranges and put a bit in each plastic cup before adding the jello. This is will also yield more shots since the oranges are taking up some of the room in each cup.
Can you get drunk off Jello shots?
Eventually. The truth is while you may get a big alcohol taste, there isn’t really that much in each shot. You’d need about 4 jello shots to equal 1 shot of booze.
- This orange jello shot recipe uses 1/2cup vodka for 12 shots = 1/3 ounce vodka per shot. That’s 4 jello shots to equal 1 regular shot.
- Even if you take out the cold water and use 1 cup vodka = that’s still only 2/3 ounce vodka per shot. This is typical of jello shots. That’s 2 jello shots to equal 1 shot.
Mix it up with these other jello shots!
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Arnold Palmer Jello Shots
- Margarita Tequila Jello Shots
- Cherry Coke Jello Shots
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots
- Vodka Jello Shots
- Peach Fizz Jello Shots
- Black Magic Jello Shots
- Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters
- More of my favorite jello shots
Creamsicle Orange Jello Shots
- 3 ounces orange gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup whipped vodka
- Whipped cream
- Mandarin oranges
- Place gelatin mix in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in boiling water and whisk until jello has melted.
- Add cold water and vodka. whisk to combine.
- Place cups on a baking sheet or platter. Pour jello into 2-ounce plastic cups until about 3/4 full.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. Put lids on cups and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish shots with whipped cream and 1 Mandarin orange just before serving, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.