Chicken Parmesan Dip turns one of my favorite Italian meals into a cheesy dip that’s to die for! It’s the perfect dip to compliment any get together!
I don’t know about you, but I’ll never get enough of yummy appetizer dip recipes. I love ’em all, from layered nacho dips to cheesy crock pot dips. Give me a bowl of crackers, crostini, or chips and a bowl of dip and I’m a happy happy girl!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This dip is no exception! My husband’s all-time favorite dinner is chicken parmesan. Last weekend I decided to turn this dinner into a dip that’s crazy good. It’s loaded with cheese, chicken, and a little pasta sauce for the perfect flavor combination. Now, I didn’t want to miss that chicken parm crunch, so I added a breadcrumb topping to get the full effect in each bite. It was SO freaking good you guys!!
Totally disclosure, Mike was kind of on a mental trip eating this dip. He said it was really good, but he had to remind himself he wasn’t eating my usual hot wing dip. That’s what happens when you bring a dip to pretty much every party you ever go to. C’est la vie. Make this dip, and make it soon. You can thank me later.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and finely shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon essence seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the chicken, spaghetti sauce, and seasoning to the cheeses. Mix until evenly combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, butter, and basil until the breadcrumbs are moistened.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a 9-inch by 9-inch (or 10-inch by 7-inch) baking dish, and spread into an even layer.
- Cover the top of the dip with bread crumbs and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until the cheese are melted and the edges of the dip are bubbling.
- Turn your oven to broil on high and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. (Don't let the bread crumbs burn!)
- Carefully remove from the oven. Serve warm with toasted bread rounds or crackers.