This post first appeared on Yellow Bliss Road where I am a contributor.
Meat Lover’s Crock Pot Pizza Dip is everything you love about pizza turned into a crazy good, easy to make, super cheesy party dip!
I have this crush on crock pot dip recipes. They’re easy to make, SO freaking good, and everyone totally loves them. I mean really, what’s not to love about a cheesy dip in its molten state just begging you to dip something in and take a bite?
That’s where this Meat Lover’s Crock Pot Pizza Dip comes in. Oh so cheesy and loaded with your favorite meaty pizza toppings for an epic party dip!
Pizza dip is kind of magical. It’s basically everything you love about pizza without the crust. Great for those low carb lovers. One of my favorite things about a pizza dip recipe is that you can really customize it to your tastes.
I went meat lover’s because I’m a carnivore and so if my husband and our friends, BUT you can really use any of your favorite pizza toppings.
Pizza Dip Recipes
The basic recipe starts off with cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and pizza sauce. From there you can add in your favorite pizza toppings to make it your own. This Meat Lover’s Pizza Dip is the winner at my house, but these other options are pretty tasty too!
- Hawaiian Pizza Dip – Add ham while dip cooks and stir in drained pineapple tidbits once ready to serve.
- Supreme Pizza Dip – Add chopped pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onion, and green bell peppers.
- Veggie Lover’s Pizza Dip – Add chopped green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and Roma tomatoes while the dip cooks. Stir in sliced black olives once you’re ready to serve.
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip – Keep it classic and just add some chopped pepperoni.
You might wonder why I made this pizza dip with cream cheese since regular pizzas don’t have cream cheese, but sometimes dips need something melty and rich to bring it all together. The cream cheese is the binder in this dip.
Bonus: It gives a nice tang to the dip you wouldn’t get otherwise. Trust me on this. Cream cheese is a very good idea for our purposes here.
How to Make Crock Pot Pizza Dip
- In a 1.5-quart slow cooker mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, jack cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and pizza sauce. It doesn’t have to be evenly mixed up. It’s all going to melt and come together at the end.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook the dip for 1 1/2 hours on HIGH. You can also cook the dip on your crock pot’s LOW setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If cooking on the HIGH setting, be sure to stir the dip halfway through.
- Once the cheeses are melted and the dip is evenly mixed after stirring it’s ready! Turn your crockpot to WARM or transfer the dip to a bowl. I like to serve this dip with crackers, toasted bread slices, or pretzel chips!
SUPER easy, right?! Mix it, forget it, stir it, love it!
If you want to make this dip into the oven instead of a crock pot, you totally can. Here’s how:
How to Make Baked Pizza Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, chopped pepperoni, cooked and crumbled Italian sausage, chopped bacon, and pizza sauce. You want everything really well mixed.
- Spread the dip into an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle jack cheese all over the top of the dip.
- Pop the baking dish in your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Carefully take your dip out of the oven and serve warm.
Is pizza dip low carb?
This dip is in fact low carb… by itself. But I’m a bread dipper so that goes right out the window. I like Wheat Thins or toasted baguette slices to go with this dip.
If I have time I make a couple of pizza crusts and tear them into small pieces to serve alongside the dip. Then you get the full pizza experience, but it’s completely up to you.
You need these dip recipes in your life!!
- Crock Pot Spinach & Bacon Queso Dip
- Hissy Fit Dip
- Chili Cheese Dog Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- French Onion Dip
Meat Lover's Crock Pot Pizza Dip
- Add all the ingredients to a 1.5-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally, until the dip is melted and isn't super stringy. (You can also cook this dip on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.)
- Give the dip a stir and then turn the crock pot to WARM or transfer the dip to a serving dish. Serve warm with crostini, crackers, or breadsticks.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese (softened), mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and pizza sauce. You want everything really well incorporated.
- Spread dip into an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. Top with jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and cheese is melted.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.