A Pomegranate Margarita is the best way to start your weekend! The combination of lime, tequila, and pomegranate will take you away on a relaxing vacation!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Margaritas are just so good. A little salt, a little lime, a lot of tequila with some juice is delightful! The fresh flavors of the lime and pomegranate together kick butt. Serve this drink up for happy hour, during game day (make a big pitcher!), or for a night on the porch. They’ll hit the spot.
I’ve served this cocktail for a bazillion years. Between bar tending and waiting tables, I cant even count the number of time I rang this drink in. Sometimes it comes in a martini glass, no ice and a lime wheel to garnish. Othertimes it’s served frozen in a giant margarita glass. Me, I go the traditional route. A simple cocktail glass rimmed with lime sugar, the margarita served over ice, and garnished with a lime. Perfection.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, about 1 large lime
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces premium silver tequila, I used Maestro Dobel
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Lime wheel, for garnish
- Lime wedge, to rim glass
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lime zest. Use your fingertips to rub the sugar and lime together to help release those citrus oils! Allow the sugar to sit for a few minutes. (if you have time, make this sugar the day before so it can get really happy.)
- Pour lime sugar onto a small plate and spread it out as wide as your cocktail glass.
- Cut a slit in the center of the meat of the lime wedge. Place the lime wedge on the glass and run it around the rim of the glass until coated. Set aside lime wedge (save it for your next glass!).
- Dip the glass rim into the lime sugar. Roll and press the glass until the rim is well coated.
- Carefully scoop ice into the glass (so you don't knock off all the sugar).
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add lime juice, tequila, pomegranate juice, triple sec, and simple syrup. Cover and shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain the margarita into your serving glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.