Posted by Julie Kotzbachhttp://breadboozebacon.com/cherry-pie-bars/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Cherry Pie Bars are an easy to make treat with all the pie flavors you love in bar form! This simple dessert recipe is sure to become a summer favorite!
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
of a 12-ounce can cherry pie filling
cup powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place ⅔ of the dough into your prepared baking dish. Use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the dough into an even layer.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the dough and spread out so the dough is covered by the pie filling.
- Place large dollops of the remaining dough over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the dough is set and the edges of the bars are golden brown.
- Carefully remove the bars from the oven. Cool on a wire rack.
- When the bars are cool enough to handle/eat, prepare the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. The glaze will be runny.
- Use a spoon to drizzle glaze over the top of the pie bars. You as much or as little as you like (I rarely use up all the glaze.)
- Cut the bars into 9 equal pieces. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
These bars are best within the first 24 hours. After that, the moisture from the pie filling will cause the bars to take on a spongy texture.