Sure to please the pickiest of eaters, this Pizza Muffin Recipe is a quick & easy mom win! And they can be made to order with your favorite pizza toppings!
Once upon a time, Mike’s best friend Kyle took us to this little hole in the wall pizza place by his future wife’s house. The food was delicious, and I was introduced to their Pizza Muffin recipe. They were little rolled cheesy-pepperoni bites of happiness that were just big enough that they had to be torn in half to fit into the bowl of pizza sauce to dip. They were magical, and I’ve been wanting to make my own ever since.
The only reason I finally got off my butt and made these Pizza Muffins was that I was shipping the boys off to my dad’s house to watch the super bowl while I worked. Otto won’t eat pizza with sauce, so we always end up getting cheesy bread for him. This time I decided to make cheese Pizza Muffins for Otto instead. Then I found some pepperoni in the fridge and made pepperoni muffins too. I split my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe into two and made one flavor with each half. They were a hit! And Otto didn’t throw a fit about dinner. Mom win!
The best part about these little babies is that you can fill them with whatever toppings you like best, and serve with whatever dipping sauce you love. Roasted garlic tomato sauce, vodka sauce, Alfredo, have fun and try something new!
Hungry for More?
Sure to please the pickiest of eaters (even mine), this Pizza Muffin recipe is a quick & easy mom win! And they can be made to order with your favorite pizza toppings.
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough (or store-bought pizza dough)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza/pasta sauce
- Bell peppers
- Canadian Bacon
- Crushed Pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together melted butter, basil, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a flat surface so it is about 15″ x 12″. Using a pastry brush, coat the raw dough evenly with butter mixture. Top dough with cheese, and any other desired toppings.
- Roll long side of dough carefully until you make a log. Using a serrated knife, trim the edges of the dough log off so you’re down to where the filling is. Cut the log into 12 equal pieces.
- Place each log piece into a muffin tin cup. Press gently to fill the bottom of the cup a little more than the dough does on its own.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and cheese bubbles a little.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, or until you are able to safely remove pizza muffins from the tin. Serve with your favorite pizza sauce for dipping.
You can make these muffins with any of your favorite pizza toppings. The smaller the toppings, the better for rolling. (ie. dice your mushrooms and larger vegetables.)