Cherry Pie Bars are an easy to make treat with all the pie flavors you love in bar form! This simple dessert recipe is sure to become a summer favorite!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Dessert bars are one of my favorite easy desserts to make. You throw a big batch into a pan, bake ’em, and cut them into little (or big) pieces. No rotating pans through the oven ump-teen times like with cookies. (Even though chocolate chip cookies are totally worth it!) One of my husband’s favorite summer fruits is cherries, and he’s been extra awesome lately, so I whipped up these cherry pie bars for him! I mean really, who can resist juicy, sweet cherries?!
As much as I love making pies, sometimes I want the flavor without the work. These bars totally hook it up. Yes, I know the dough isn’t very similar to a pie crust, but the mild flavor carries the cherry flavor wonderfully. You can up the ante on your bars with an easy vanilla glaze, and if you want a few sliced almonds on top. These bars are great for serving a crowd! I made a smaller batch since it’s just Mike, the boys, and me, but you can easily double this recipe if your feeding a large group.
If you love cherries like we do, you’re in luck! This month’s feast & devour recipes are loaded with cherries to satisfy your cravings. From dip to drinks, we’ve got you covered.
- Cherry Pie Bars from Bread Booze Bacon
- No Churn Black Forest Ice Cream from I Heart Eating
- Cherry Whiskey Smash from Cooking with Curls
- Cherry Pie Dip from Sugar & Soul
- White Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter Blondies from The Two Bite Club
- Vanilla Spiced Rum Soaked Cherries from Frugal Foodie Mama
Hungry for More?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounce cherry pie filling, equivalent to half of a 12 ounce can
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place 2/3 of the dough into your prepared baking dish. Use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the dough into an even layer.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the dough and spread out so the dough is covered by the pie filling.
- Place large dollops of the remaining dough over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the dough is set and the edges of the bars are golden brown.
- Carefully remove the bars from the oven. Cool on a wire rack.
- When the bars are cool enough to handle/eat, prepare the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. The glaze will be runny.
- Use a spoon to drizzle glaze over the top of the pie bars. You as much or as little as you like (I rarely use up all the glaze.)
- Cut the bars into 9 equal pieces. Serve immediately.