Hawaiian Fried Rice is a tropical twist on a take-out favorite! This recipe is easy to make and a delicious way to use up leftover ham!
Are you guys ready for one of my favorite ways to use up leftovers?! I know that’s not the most attractive food hook ever, but it’s true!
This recipe is a delicious way to use up leftover holiday ham, pineapple from fruit trays, and rice from dinner the night before.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
While you can make everything from start to finish when you want this rice (it takes about 30 minutes total), I’m all about being lazy sometimes and a 10-minute side dish because I made extra rice the night before is my jam.
We love ordering fried rice from our local Chinese take out place. It’s super yummy, but I’m weird and like to mess with recipes and dishes we’re into. Mike is a big fan of Hawaiian pizza, so I thought, “Why not combine the two?”
It was the best idea!
This rice is crazy easy to make and super yummy. It all cooks in one pan (if you use prepared rice) and the flavor combo is great. The sweet pineapple and ham go really well with the savory sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and bell pepper.
One bite of this rice and you’ll be hooked!
Hungry for More?
Hawaiian Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked ham cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pineapple chunks drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Heat a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Add ham, onion, and bell pepper to the skillet. Cook for3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft and the meat is browned. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Push the ham and veggies to one side. Add the eggs to the skillet. Stir to quickly scramble the eggs. Cook for 3 minutes or until the eggs are almost done. Stir everything together.
- Add the pineapple and cooked rice to the skillet, stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the sesame oil and soy sauce over the rice mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add 2/3 of the green onions and stir until combined.
- Transfer the fried rice to a serving bowl and top with more green onions. Serve immediately.