Poison Apple Jello Shot Syringes are perfect for your Halloween party. Mulled apple cider and whiskey are a killer fall cocktail!
Halloween drinks and cocktails are a must make for Halloween parties. They’re fun, you can make them ahead of time instead of playing bartender all night (see: enjoy the party!), and there are all kinds of unique jello shots you can make. So get ready kids! I have a whole bunch of Halloween jello shots coming your way this month.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Today we’re starting off easy with a classic fall flavor turned into a party-ready cocktail. While these apple shots aren’t poisoned, the apple whiskey does make them just as dangerous when you’ve had a few. And trust me, these go down way too easy.
When I got ready to put these shots (haha literally) into the fridge, I didn’t know what to use to keep the shot vertical while they set. Turns out a liter beer stein works great! If you don’t have one of these beauties (go get one STAT!) you can use a pitcher too. Be sure to find one that’s cylindrical though, so the syringes push on each other and stay upright.
If you want a quick way to make a big batch of mulled cider (juice, whatever) grab a pack of cider mix from the store, add a gallon of apple juice or cider and bam! Easy peasy.
Grab more Halloween Jello Shots!
- Dracula’s Bite Jello Shots
- 25 Halloween Jello Shots Recipes
- Reanimator Reagent Rum Jello Shots
- Rotten Pumpkin Jello Pudding Shots
- Black Magic Jello Shots
More Halloween cocktails!
- 12 ounces apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Mulling Cider Spices
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin, equivalent to two envelopes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup apple whiskey, like Crown Royal Regal Apple or Evan Williams Blind Archer
- 12 jello shot syringes
- Empty gelatin envelopes into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cold water and give everything a quick stir; set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add apple juice and bring to a simmer. Once heated, add the punch mix and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the hot apple juice into the bowl, and whisk to combine. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the sugar and whiskey. Whisk to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Remove the stopper from each syringe, but leave the end cap on. Place the syringes in a pitcher (or 3) or another container that will keep them vertical while the jello chills.
- Pour 2 ounces of the jello shot mix into each syringe. (The syringes will not be completely full.)
- Place the shots in the refrigerator and chill until the jello is completely set, about 2 hours.
- To serve, remove the end cap so there is no air pressure in the syringe. Place the stopper on the end and push the stopper down just enough to secure it in the syringe. You're going to have a little jello come out, but that's okay. It's worth the sacrifice. Keep the shots chilled until ready to serve.
- To "drink" press the plunger down until the entire syringe empties into your mouth.