Reanimation Reagent Rum Jello Shots are perfect for adding a little life to your Halloween party! They are THE thing to make this Halloween!
Ha! Get it?!
Check it. I just got sucked into a new blogger group. I’m addicted. Deal with it. But this one kicks some ass.
Exhibit A) group name: Fuckin’ Fab Food Bloggers. Sounds a little narcissistic, but they (we) are pretty fucking fun. Just wait until you see what they made for #Blogoween.
Exhibit B) the butt faces in the group (that I joined mere hours ago) are hazing me. They all posted today and now I’m supposed to get a post up before the end of the day. Jokes on them! I’m all over it!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Down to business. What horror movie is totally messed up and the perfect inspiration for a killer Halloween jello shot? Keyword “shot” kids. Re-animator! Creepy syringes full of glowing green liquid that turns dead people into violent crazed zombie types?! Hell yes!
While I’m not putting weird chemicals into my shots to make them glow, they are neon green and taste awesome. Because if you’re going to turn into a killer zombie, the stuff that turns you might as well be worth it. If you need some more unique jello shots to get the party started, hit up our 25 Halloween Jello Shots Recipes and fill up your extra syringes with Poison Apple Jello Shots. We’re a one-stop shop people.
Get on the #blogoween bandwagon with these other #FFFB recipes
- Exorcist | Pea Soup With Crabmeat And A Balsamic Drizzle | Nomageddon
- Beetlejuice | Ghost with the Most Roasted Sweet Potato Ravioli | Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
Grab more Halloween Jello Shots!
- Dracula’s Bite Jello Shots
- 25 Halloween Jello Shots Recipes
- Rotten Pumpkin Jello Pudding Shots
- Poison Apple Jello Shot Syringes
- Black Magic Jello Shots
More Halloween cocktails!
Reanimation Reagent Rum Jello Shots
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin equivalent to 2 envelopes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup mango flavor rum
- 1 - 2 drops electric green gel food color
- 12 jello shot syringes
- Place the gelatin in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in the cold water and stir to combine; set aside.
- Heat the pineapple juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Once the gelatin has absorbed into the cold water, pour in the hot juice and whisk to combine until the gelatin dissolves. Add the sugar and whisk to dissolve.
- Pour in the rum and 1 drop of green food color, stir to combine. If you're not happy with the color of the shots, you can add one more drop of food color at a time until your desired color is reached.
- Removed the plunger from each syringe and place them in a cup or something that will keep them vertical, but be sure to leave the cap over the tip of the syringe.
- Pour just over 2 ounces of the liquid into each of the syringes (so they're almost full). Leave the plunger off the shots until they set. Put the cups in the fridge and chill until the jello starts to set, about 1-2 hours.
- Remove the shots from the fridge and take the caps of the tips. Insert the plunger and press down until the air pocket releases. Turn the syringe up so that the air moves towards the tip, and press until the plunger is touching the jello and the excess air is gone. Some of the jello is going to come out, deal with it. Collateral damage. Replace the caps and refrigerate for another hour. Keep cold until ready to serve!