Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing is incredibly easy to make, tastes delicious, and you probably already have these 4 simple ingredients on hand!
Honey mustard is my favorite salad dressing. Hands down. I seriously find myself wondering how I didn’t know about this deliciousness until I was an adult. When I was a kid I used to dip my chicken nuggets in ketchup or honey when I could have been having honey mustard sauce. *sigh* But now I’ve seen the light, and you guys…this might be the easiest recipe on the planet.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Ready for this? Here’s how hard this recipe is:
How to Make Honey Mustard
- Put mayo, mustard, honey, and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk until combined and smooth.
DONE! That’s it. You’ll never go back to the store bought stuff again once you try this salad dressing.
It’s worth noting the honey mustard dressing calories run about the same per 2 tablespoons in this recipe than the store-bought options, about 140 calories. However, you can lower than number that by using light mayo. I think my favorite thing about this honey mustard dressing recipe is that you can tweak it to your taste. If you like a mustard forward flavor, add another 1 teaspoon at a time until you get what you like. Prefer things a little sweeter, add some extra honey. It’s really that simple to have the perfect honey mustard salad dressing.
While homemade honey mustard is great on a salad, it’s also perfect for all kinds of other cooking applications! Spread some on your salmon and top with french fried onions before baking. Slather it on a burger bun or some toast instead of mayo for an amazing chicken sandwich. Drizzle some honey mustard over ham and provolone on a pretzel bun. (You can thank me later for that last one.)
Seriously, stop buy this stuff at the store and whip it up at home. It takes 2 minutes to prepare and stays good in your fridge for at least a week. It could last longer, but our never gets that far.
Hungry for More?
- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add mayo, honey, mustard, and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- If you don't have yellow mustard on had, Dijon will work fine too.
- Alt measurements: Mayo = 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp and honey = 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp