Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes are crazy easy to make, chocolate to the max, and the frosting will make you weak in the knees!
You guys, this recipe is the bee’s knees! I first had these cupcakes years ago when I work for Verizon. My super awesome, super funny supervisor Amy brought in these chocolate cupcakes and OMG they were SO good! I thought they were just going to be regular old chocolate cupcakes, but boy was I wrong. These cupcakes are Amy-zing! (You see what I did there?!)
I like to top these cupcakes with Amy’s labor frosting or a chocolate cream cheese frosting. What’s labor frosting you ask? It’s frosting so good it’ll make you go into labor. It’s wicked easy to make too. I have yet to meet anyone that doesn’t absolutely love these cupcakes. And if they don’t they’re weird and you don’t need to be friends with them anyway.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
These cupcakes are delicious made in a standard muffin tin or as minis. While I generally take a semi-homemade approach to these cupcakes, you could absolutely start with your favorite from scratch chocolate cake batter instead of a box mix. Totally up to you. The recipe below has both options, same with standard and mini size cupcakes. I’m all about choices people. AND for all those that can’t get enough chocolate in their lives, this month we’re whipping up the best chocolate desserts around to satisfy your cravings!
- Raspberry Chocolate Tart
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Truffle Shots
- Chocolate Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Easy Ritz Cracker Toffee
- Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Bundt Cakes with Kahlua Ganache
- No Bake Chocolate Dessert Lasagna
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
- Flourless Black Bean Brownies
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Chocolate Nutella Fudge
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe Ever
Hungry for More?
Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix 1 package
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes or until pale and evenly combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Add half of the cocoa mixture to the butter mixture and mix. Pour in the milk and mix until incorporated. Add the other half of the cocoa mixture and beat until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix by hand until incorporated.
- Fill each cup about 2/3 full with batter. (I like to use a cookie scoop to portion the batter.)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove cupcakes from the oven. Let cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together butter, vanilla, and chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Sift in the powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smooth. Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Top the cupcakes with sprinkles if desired. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and frost the cooled cupcakes.