Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/deviled-eggs-benedict/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Deviled Eggs Benedict are a cross between two of my most beloved bites! They are super easy to make and disappear as fast as you can make them!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 slices of Canadian bacon, fine diced
- 1 tablespoons fresh chives, thin sliced
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice each egg in half vertically, place the yolks in a medium mixing bowl, and the whites on a serving platter.
- Use a fork to break up the egg yolks until they look like coarse sand. Add the mayonnaise and stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Add the bacon to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the egg mixture to a piping bag (or Ziploc bag) with the tip cut off. Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the hollow of each egg white until the center is slightly over-filled.
- Cut the English muffin into small croutons. Place one croutons into each of the egg "yolks".
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, egg yolk, salt, and paprika. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while whisking to emulsify the butter. Taste and adjust the lemon and salt to you liking.
- Microwave the sauce for 10 seconds. (The egg may seize up a little, it's okay.) Whisk until smooth.
- Smooth a little of the sauce over each egg, and then sprinkle with some chives. Serve immediately.
Loading nutrition data...