Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie is a decadent no bake dessert that’ll be the star of your holiday table! This 10-minute recipe is a fall dessert wonder that’ll make your mouth water!
When it comes to pie, there are three that call my name every fall – apple pie, sweet potato pie, and pumpkin pie. The baking spices and comforting flavors of a great pumpkin pie are everything right about dessert. However, it can be a little tricky to coordinate oven space while making everything need for Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily, this No Bake Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie is so good you’ll happily forsake a baked pumpkin pie. It’s a big promise, but this pie delivers!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Pumpkin pie is a staple at my house this time of year. When my husband was growing up, he missed out on having pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving one year. Ever since then he has
demanded requested his own pumpkin pie. One that he doesn’t have to share. So every year I make two pumpkin pies. One for Mike and one for the family. He pie is traditionally, but the other one isn’t just any pie. It’s a pie that reminds me of my childhood…double layer pumpkin pie.
My first experience with a layered pumpkin pie was when I was about 8 years old. I was in the nurses’ lounge at work with my mom (she’s a PICU nurse) and one of her co-workers brought in this pie. I remember thinking that pie was just about the greatest thing since sliced bread! There was pumpkin, of course, but under it was this creamy layer of happiness. Who had ever heard of such magic?!
I was hooked.
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- Graham cracker pie crust – I like a homemade crust, but store-bought works just fine. I speak from experience.
- Cream cheese – I usually use block cream cheese, but you can get away with whipped cream cheese if needed.
- Whipped topping (AKA Cool Whip) – You can substitute for stabilized whipped cream too.
- Chai spice mix (recipe below)
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Pumpkin puree – Do NOT buy pumpkin pie filling. It’s not the same!
How to Make Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
Cream Cheese Layer
Add all the chai spice ingredients to a small both and together until they’re completely incorporated with each other. Set this bowl aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to stir together the softened cream cheese and 1/2 of a tub of whipped topping (AKA Cool Whip). The mixture will look a little lumpy. Don’t worry. It will smooth out.
To the cream cheese mousse, add the sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon of the chai spice. Mix until smooth with your rubber spatula. Use your spatula to smoosh the cream cheese as you mix to smooth everything out.
Transfer the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of your graham cracker pie crust. Spread it out into an even layer. If you can, try not to go up the sides so you get the double-layered look all the way around.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. It’ll happen really fast since we’re not using nearly as much milk as you normally would to make pudding. Add in the pumpkin puree, 1/2 teaspoon of chai spice, and salt to the bowl. Whisk until everything is mixed up really well together.
Add the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer. Spread out the pumpkin filling in an even layer all the way to the edges of the pie crust so the cream cheese layer is completely covered.
Top the center of the pie with the rest of the whipped topping you saved. Use an offset spatula, or the back of a spoon, to spread the whipped topping out over the pie. I like to leave a 1-inch border around the edge so you can see the filling, but you could cover up all the pumpkin if you prefer. Sprinkle the top of the pie with some more chai spice mix for garnish. Pretty is good.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the pie into 8 slices and enjoy!
This pie gets better as it sits. The spices get into the cream cheese and pumpkin layers, and just makes for a better pie. But you don’t have to wait, it’s good to go right away if need be.
Mike is a pumpkin pie purist. Which is why I will forever make the classic Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe for him. That’s not to say I don’t try to tempt him with something different some years.
To get him on board with a no bake pumpkin pie, I swapped out pumpkin pie spice for chai spice. Mike LOVES a good chai latte, and I aim to please.
The result was crazy good, and it only gets better as it sits. No-bake goodness you can make ahead of time. I call that a Thanksgiving win!
More pies to make for dessert!
- Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Walnut & Cranberry Pie
- Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Pie
- More dessert recipes…
More pumpkin recipes for fall!
No Bake Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- 1 prepared Graham Cracker Pie Crust homemade or store-bought
Chai Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping (1/2 tub)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon chai spice mix (recipe below)
- 3.9 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix (1 box)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon chai spice mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping (1/2 tub)
- Chai spice mix
Cream Cheese Layer
- In a small bowl, stir together chai spice ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese and whipped topping with a rubber spatula. The mixture will look a little lumpy. Don't worry.
- Once the cream cheese is incorporated, add sugar, milk, and chai spice. Mix until smooth. Use your spatula to help smoosh the cream cheese and smooth things out.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of your graham cracker pie crust and spread into an even layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. Add pumpkin puree, chai spice, and salt to the bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add pumpkin mixture over chai cream cheese. Spread out in an even layer to the edges of the pie crust so the cream cheese layer is completely covered.
- Top the center of the pie with your reserved whipped topping. Use an offset spatula or back of a spoon, to spread the whipped topping out over the pie. (I like to leave a 1-inch border so you can see the filling.) Sprinkle the top of the pie with some more chai spice mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 8 slices and dig in!
- I find that whipped topping holds up better in this recipe. If you want to substitute 3 cups of homemade stabilized whipped cream instead you can totally do that.
- This pie gets better as it sits. The spices get into the cream cheese and pumpkin layers, and just makes for a better pie. But you don't have to wait, it's good to go right away if need be.
If you’re a pumpkin fiend, getting ready to indulge in your favorite flavor! This month’s feast & devour cooking club is celebrating fall with all things pumpkin! You can see the full recipe by clicking the titles below.
- No Bake Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby
- Pumpkin No Bake Cookies
- Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Chai Pumpkin-Pecan Oatmeal Cookies