The post first appeared on Eazy Peazy Mealz where I am a contributor.
Walnut & Cranberry Pie is a beautiful dessert that’s crazy easy to make! The combination of tart cranberries and savory walnuts is perfect for the holidays!
Holiday baking is one of my favorite things about this time of year. I’ve always been a sucker for warm cookies right out of the oven or a super fudgy brownie. But my favorite thing to make is pie. It’s so relaxing to me. I love the whole process of making the pie crust from scratch and then coming with all kind of yummy flavors to fill it with. With fall in full swing, cranberries were on my mind and that lead me to this gorgeous Cranberry Pie!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Our Thanksgiving dinner is normally pretty traditional. Our menu usually includes:
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Creamed Spinach with Bacon (We’re not into green beans.)
- Caramelized Onion & Cornbread Dressing
- Milk and Honey Dinner Rolls
- Pesto Mashed Potatoes
Then the whole meal ends with pumpkin pie, but this year I’m upping my game and adding this cranberry pie recipe to the menu as well.
When I first whipped up this pie I was a little nervous about all those cranberries being too tart. It’s not! Promise. This cranberry pie is a crazy good combination of flavors. The brown sugar and butter filling with the walnuts and cranberries is an amazing explosion of flavor you won’t soon forget.
If you want to up your flavor game in this pie a little more, you can add some orange zest too. Cranberries and orange are best friends. I’m even thinking of adding apples next time for an apple cranberry pie. I mean really, who doesn’t love apple and cranberries together?! We usually enjoy this cranberry walnut pie as is, but you could top it with some whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream if you like. No matter how you slice it, this pie is a winner for the holidays!
Hungry for More?
Walnut & Cranberry Pie
- One 9-inch pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Plate the pie crust into a pie plate and add edge decoration if desired. Place a piece of tin foil over the crust (gently forming the foil to match the crust shape) and use pie weights or dried beans to weight down the foil.
- Bake for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and once cool enough to handle, remove the weights and foil. Set aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and salt until smooth and combined. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the pie filling into the par-baked pie crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling has puffed up a bit and the cranberries are softened.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Allow pie to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply