Pumpkin Bread is a crave-able fall bite! Not too sweet and perfect with your morning cup of coffee! It’s the perfect thing to eat this autumn!
Growing up my mom’s recipe book was always a treasure to me. She would add magazine clippings, hand written recipes from friends & family, product packages…if it sounded good it went in the book. One of my all-time favorites from the book is this Pumpkin Ring recipe. It came off a Bisquick box and I can’t even begin to count how many times Mom and I have made this recipe. Every time I bake it, all those food memories come flooding back.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I like this Pumpkin Bread straight up, but if you’re making it for dessert or just like your morning coffee companion a little sweeter you can drizzle a glaze over the top. Easy presentation points kids. All I know is your house is going to smell amazing and you’ll willing give up grabbing a pastry during your morning coffee run when this bread is in your house. Happy fall kids!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounce can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the dry ingredients for 10 seconds. Add the shortening and pulse until small crumbs form. (Think pie crust. If you don't have a food processor, combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and cut in the shortening using a fork.)
- Transfer the flour mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, butter, eggs, and milk. Beat everything together on medium-low speed until just combined, scraping the bowl as needed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.