Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies are a flavorful appetizer that’s easy to make and oh so good! They are the perfect fit for any occasion or get together!
Today we’re going big or going home. While these Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies look pretty unassuming, they’re actually mini flavor bombs just waiting to off in your mouth. Are you excited? Because you should be! These cocktail links are perfect for every kind of party out there. Backyard barbecue? Check. Holiday party with all your family? Check. Watching football? Check. You get the idea.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
How to make this easy Crockpot Little Smokies Recipe
- To a small crock pot add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, hot sauce, paprika, and ground mustard. Whisk together.
- Add little smokies and stir to coat in sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH.
- Stir before serving warm.
This little smokies crockpot recipe is super simple and combines classic flavors for the perfect sauce to bathe these little smokies in. Rich and sweet from the BBQ sauce and brown sugar with undertones of bourbon that’ll leave you looking for some bread to sop with the extra sauce with. I’m not kidding. When you make this, hide some for yourself because they’ll disappear almost immediately when you put them out for everyone to enjoy. And if you forget, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
With the biggest football game of the season just two short days away, I’m planning our party menu. I’m going all appetizers this year! If you need some recipe inspiration, be sure to try these crazy good football party appetizers by clicking the links below!
- BBQ Bacon Tatchos
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Roasted Garlic Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Healthy Layered Taco Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 20-Minute Pepper Jelly Glazed Meatballs
- Avocado Texas Caviar
- Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies
- Mini Pigs in a Blanket
- Chicken Roll Ups
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Hungry for More?
- To a 2-quart slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, hot sauce, paprika, and ground mustard. Stir until well combined.
- Drain the little smokies links and add them to the crock pot. Stir everything together, making sure all the smokies links get coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to WARM until ready to serve.
- Stir the smokies links in the sauce. If serving from the slow cooker, recover the smokies links and you're done! If using a serving bowl, spoon the smokies links into the bowl and then spoon some of the sauce that gets left in the slow cooker over the smokies. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe. I went with a spicy honey BBQ sauce to play off the other flavors.
- You can substitute your preferred hot sauce in this recipe if you don't care for Frank's.