This delectable recipe was brought to my attention one Christmas Eve this at my dad’s house. My sister Lisa made this pasta and I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind. I kept stealing bites from the bowl while it sat on the counter waiting to be put away. I had a second helping a bite at a time.
I dream about this pasta. Any time I think of it I can instantly taste it, and I crave it until I get a bite. It’s that addictive and good!! You need this in your life. Trust me.
- 1 pound Campanelle pasta, uncooked (or any short pasta you like)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons dressing in a large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink, turning once. Use a slotted spoon to remove shrimp from the skillet. Cover the shrimp and keep them warm.
- Add remaining dressing, sun-dried tomato pesto, broth, garlic powder, and pepper to the same skillet. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Add cream cheese, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cream cheese is melted and sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Stir to coat pasta in the sauce. Stir in Parmesan cheese and shrimp.