This post first appeared on Sugar & Soul where I am a contributor.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe is a 30-minute meal with a kick! This easy pasta recipe is great for busy weeknights and has layers of flavor you’ll love!
During the week there’s I love more than an easy and flavorful pasta recipe for dinner. They’re easy to make and I can usually have everyone eating in about 30 minutes which is great when you’re trying to feed everyone before running off to soccer or band practice. Today I’m spicing things up with Chicken Cajun Pasta Recipe. This pasta has a creamy sauce with a kick, lots of bell peppers, and a spicy Cajun-rubbed chicken for a killer meal you’ll want to make again and again.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
What I really love about this pasta is that there’s a little spice in everything. The flavors build from the start of the recipe and get into everything. The browned chicken bits and cajun seasoning help flavor the veggies, and the veggies help flavor the cream sauce. I can’t get over how good this pasta is and I know you’ll feel the same after your first bite.
Hungry for More?
Chicken Cajun Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ red bell pepper seeded & cut into thin strips
- ½ green bell pepper seeded & cut into thin strips
- ½ sweet onion peeled & cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients. Cut each chicken breast in half, lengthwise, to create 4 thin cut breast pieces. Season the chicken on both sides with the Cajun seasoning. Place chicken in the hot pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
- To the same skillet add the remaining olive oil, bell peppers, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies have softened and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute. Pour the milk into the skillet and stir to combine the flour and milk. Add the cream and hot sauce; stir again. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and thickened, stirring often. Season liberally with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Slice the chicken breasts and place on top of the pasta. Garnish with lots of parsley. Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.