Balsamic Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is a flavorful 15-minute dinner you’ll crave! A dangerously delicious combination or the best idea ever?!
This delectable recipe was brought to my attention one Christmas Eve this at my dad’s house. My sister Lisa made this dish and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head ever since. All night, I kept stealing bites from the serving bowl while it sat on the counter waiting to be put away once dinner was over. I had an entire second helping a bite at a time. That was over 6 years ago and I’m still completely obsessed with this Balsamic Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Since that night I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve made this pasta. It’s so easy! Whenever I say I’m going to make it, Mike forgets he likes. Apparently, his food memory isn’t as crazy as mine. So I tell him to trust me, he does (of course), and then he devours the entire bowl. It’s fun to be right!!
I love the combination of balsamic vinaigrette and sun-dried tomato pesto spiked with a little cream cheese for the sauce. The salty, nutty Parmesan and sweet shrimp bring it all together for a harmonious bite of awesomeness that will have you dreaming of leftovers once dinner is done. You need this pasta in your life!
Hungry for More?
- 1 pound short pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing, plus 2 tablespoons, divided,
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh or dried parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp from the skillet to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining balsamic dressing, sun-dried tomato pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, and pepper to the same skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring often.
- Add cream cheese and cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Once the cream cheese is melted and sauce thickens slightly, it's ready.
- Add the pasta to the skillet. Stir to coat the pasta in the sauce. Then, stir in the Parmesan cheese and shrimp.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or portion into individual dinner bowls. Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.