Get dinner on the table in about 15 minutes with this Easy Shrimp Alfredo recipe that’ll rival any restaurant! Perfect for busy nights!
Ever since I was a little girl I’ve loved Fettuccine Alfredo. It’s one of those comfort foods that speaks to my soul. Not to mention it’s basically the best mac and cheese in the history of the world and what kid wouldn’t love that? My kids. That’s who. But that just means more pasta for me!
While most people love chicken fettuccine alfredo, I have a love of shrimp recipes and I just couldn’t help changing out the chicken for shrimp in this pasta recipe. It cuts down on the cooking time significantly too! This Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe has gotten rave reviews from my family, our amazing readers, and I know it will at your house too!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Fettuccine Alfredo used to only be a dish I would order when we’d go out to eat at places like Olive Garden. Now that I have this SUPER easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe, I make Alfredo pasta anytime I want at home! These days, I like to dress up this dinner with some shrimp for a beautifully balanced meal. The best part? I can have this shrimp alfredo pasta recipe on the dinner table in about 15 minutes! Everything cooks at the same time, in their own pots and pans, and comes together at the end for the best quick and easy dinner ever! Grab some crusty bread for dipping in the extra sauce, and you’re ready to eat!
Tips for making Easy Shrimp Alfredo
- If you’re in a hurry to have dinner, make the sauce, pasta, and shrimp at the same time. If you have a little more time and don’t want to manage 3 pots at the same time, make the alfredo sauce first and keep it warm. Then cook the shrimp while your pasta boils and put everything together with the cooked pasta once it’s ready.
- Prepare your shrimp ahead of time. I buy raw deveined shrimp at the store, but they still need to have the shells removed. This is an easy prep task you can do the morning or day before. Just store the cleaned shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Don’t use garlic powder for this recipe! Fresh garlic (or pre-minced garlic in the jars with water) is a must for the sauce! The flavor is as different as day and night. Trust me.
- If your pasta sauce is thicker than you’d like, add a little milk or cream to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Ready to kick your alfredo up a notch? Add a pinch or red pepper flakes to the the pot before stirring the pasta and sauce together. This hint is fabulous!
- How do you make homemade Alfredo sauce? It’s a simple mixture of butter, garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, Parmesan, and seasonings. Decadent and delicious! This alfredo sauce recipe is so simple, anyone can make it!
Hungry for More?
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled, deveined & tails removed
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh or dried parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Break the linguine in half and add to the pot. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add the cream cheese to the saucepan and cook until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the half-n-half and parmesan cheese to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer, whisking often to make sure everything melts together and to prevent burning. Cook for 8 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg; whisk to combine.
- While the sauce is simmering, start the shrimp. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes per side, turning once, until pink and cooked all the way through.
- Add the shrimp in with the pasta in the large pot and pour the sauce over everything. Toss to combine and coat the pasta.
- Portion the pasta and shrimp into 4 bowls. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and parsley over each plate. Serve immediately. We like ours with some crusty bread!