You’ll never need another cheese dip recipe again after you try one bite of Crock Pot Spinach & Bacon Queso Dip!
There’s nothing like really great appetizer dip recipes! They are my favorite party bite. My favorite dips are ones you can make ahead of time or throw in the crock pot so it’s one less thing to worry about cooking at the last minute. This Crock Pot Spinach & Bacon Queso Dip is one of my most requested dips when we’re having friends over. It’s especially great when there’s a football game on and when we end up grazing all day instead of eating a real meal.
This dip is SUPER easy to make. The only prep work is cutting up the cheese and cooking the bacon. I don’t always like to babysit my bacon while cooking it in the skillet, so I bake it in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes and it comes out perfect every time. I don’t like my queso too spicy so I use the tomatoes with mild chiles, but if you like some heat you can use the hot version or even add a diced jalapeno (seeds optional for extra heat). Then use let this dip do its thing in the slow cooker. Give it a really good stir and serve. It’s a guaranteed hit for your next get together!
Hungry for More?
- 7 to 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- Place all the ingredients in a 1.5-quart slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve. We like our dip with tortilla chips!