Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork is one of my favorite cook once and eat it all week long dishes! It’s the perfect dish for any day of the week!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
BBQ pulled pork is one of those meats I just can’t resist! It’s luscious, a little fatty, and dropping with juices and BBQ sauce for heaven on a bun! As much as I love a slow braise in the oven, during the summer it’s just too damn hot for that. So I’ve taken this dish to the slow cooker for an easy dinner option you’ll love!
Now, if you think pulled pork only goes on a bun, you are so wrong my friend! It’s great in quesadillas, mixed up with some roasted potatoes for an easy hash, and SO good on pizza!
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2.5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beer, pale ales and lagers work well
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, I love this one
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled & thick sliced
- 1 carrot, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to the pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, ground mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Sprinkle the BBQ rub all over the pork shoulder until it's well coated.
- Carefully place the pork in the hot skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until the meat is seared. Remove from the heat.
- In a crock pot, mix together the ketchup, beer, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar. Add in the onion, carrotm and garlic; stir to combine.
- Place the pork in your crock pot and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours.
- Uncover the crock pot, carefully move the pork to a large plate or cutting board, and remove the veggies from the sauce.
- Using two forks, shred the pork. Return the meat to the crock pot and stir together with the sauce.
- Cook for 1 more hour on HIGH.
- Reduce the crock pot heat to warm until ready to serve.