Satisfy your burrito cravings with an easy to make Beef Burrito Skillet. Cook it on the grill for a tailgating friendly dish, or on your stove at home!
I’m so excited it’s almost football season! And by football season – I mean college football season. Go Buckeyes!! One of our favorite things to do every Saturday is get together with friends to watch the game. Sometimes we’re are Treena’s house, sometimes we have the gang over here, but its’ always a great time with lots of beer and good food!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This Beef Burrito Skillet kicks ass! It’s a totally yummy, man food, one pot meal that everyone will keep coming back to. I made this skillet on the grill and brought it into the boys. I was going to plate it up, and they said just grab some forks. We stood around the kitchen island and grubbed so hard. Mike said he would add fewer beans, but he’s also the guy that doesn’t like beans in his chili at all. I thought it was perfect. I have no idea why I didn’t grab some avocados at the store to top this with. Next time darlings. Next time.
And I couldn’t rub all these goodies in your face without the chance to hook you up too! So if you scroll to the bottom of this post, you can enter to win a $300 prize pack of WiltonArmetale Gourmet Grilling products for yourself! [Giveaway is closed]
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 package taco seasoning mix
- 15.5 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup your favorite salsa, (this is a great way to add more heat by using spicy salsa)
- 1 cup water
- 4 6" flour tortillas, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack , or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, or more if needed
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Pico de Gallo
- Light and prepare charcoal in your grill (or turn your grill to medium-high for propane grills).
- Place a WiltonArmetale Deep Dish Sizzle Skillet (or any large cast iron skillet) on the grill. Add ground beef to skillet, and cook until browned through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- To the skillet, add taco seasoning, water, salsa, and beans. Stir ingredients to combine and distribute spices evenly. Bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tortilla pieces, and stir to combine. Top with cheese, and cover grill. When cheese has melted remove from heat.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, and any other garnish you like. Portion individual servings, or let everyone grab a fork and eat right from the skillet!