Have a cool dessert ready without ever having to heat up the oven this summer with an Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
Wow the crowd and make a delicious ice cream cake without the hassle of a hot kitchen in the summer. This tasty dessert has layers of Oreos, Cool Whip, and ice cream sandwiches making it an easy frozen dessert that’s perfect for all your summer gatherings!
This cake is perfect for those summer birthday parties, especially if you are grilling some burgers and hot dogs and put my favorite Tater Tot Casserole in the oven while the cake is chilling; you will have the best party on the block with this menu!
Why We Love Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Easily turn ice cream sandwiches and Oreos into a crazy good no-bake cake in just a few minutes with some easy-to-manage steps and a little time in the freezer.
If you’re going to make a birthday Ice Cream Sandwich Cake you will love the Blue Bunny Birthday Cake flavor ice cream sandwiches, which pair well with Birthday Cake Oreos or Golden Oreos. Throw some sprinkles on top and you’re ready to party!
Oreos: I used classic Oreos here, but feel free to add whatever flavor you desire, they have a lot of fun flavors out now
Cool Whip: You’re gonna need two tubs of whipped topping that’s been thawed.
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches: The minis are the easiest for filling the pan, I found them from a brand called Hood. Y can use regular size ice cream sandwiches though. Just cut them to fit the pan as needed.
Toppings: Sprinkles, chocolate sauce, crushed Oreos caramel sauce, peanut butter cups, M&M’s, candy bars chunks, whatever toppings you want are fair game!
Oreo Crust Option: I wanted to keep this recipe simple – as in it’s summer and no one wants extra dishes/work. That being said, if you’re craving an Oreo crust as opposed to straight-up Oreos, you can increase the Oreo count to 30 and mix them with 4 tablespoons of melted butter in a food processor. Then press into the bottom of the pan and continue with the recipe as directed.
How to Make an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
PREP a baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. This is very important for getting the cake out of the pan later.
LAYER the Oreos, the half of the Cool Whip, the Ice Cream Sandwiches, and then the rest of the Cool Whip.
FREEZE at least four hours before topping with more goodies and serving!
What is the best ice cream sandwich?
My favorites are Blue Bell and Blue Bunny brands. In this recipe, I used the Hood minis to make it easier, because they are a perfect size, but use your favorite brand of ice cream sandwich.
If you find mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches or chocolate ice cream sandwiches and wonder, “Will they work?” Hard yes! Grab ’em and go! Any flavor ice cream sandwich will work.
How long does Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake stay fresh?
You can wrap leftovers in aluminum foil tightly and make sure everything is covered, and keep frozen for up to seven days.
More delicious ice cream recipes
- Fudge Swirl Bailey’s Ice Cream
- Kauai Pie Ice Cream
- Bacon Bourbon Peach Ice Cream
- Unicorn Ice Cream
- Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 20 Oreos
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (2 tubs), thawed
- 16 mini ice cream sandwiches
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Line the bottom of the pan with Oreos, breaking them in half as needed to fill any gaps.
- Spread one 8 ounce Container of thawed Cool Whip over the top of the Oreos.
- Layer the ice cream sandwiches on top of the Cool Whip.
- Spread the other container of thawed cool whip over the top of the sandwiches.
- Top with crushed Oreos and other candy if desired.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Use the parchment paper to life the cake from the baking dish. Then slice into 9 pieces and serve immediately.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkles just before serving.