Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream is a cold and creamy summer treat you’ll want to make again and again!
Ever since I learned how to make homemade ice cream (without an ice cream machine) I’ve been coming up with every flavor I can think of under then sun. With my youngest being a fruit fiend I couldn’t help but turn his favorite summer fruit into a creamy ice cream that’s great all my itself, on a cone, in between a couple of sugar cookies, or in a summer drink. Just give this recipe a try, you’ll love it!
Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream is a cold and creamy summer treat you'll want to make again and again!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Add heavy cream and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and whisk until medium peaks form.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into whipped cream, and fold in until well combined.
- In a food processor, puree strawberries and sugar until smooth.
- Pour whipped cream mixture into a loaf pan using a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Drizzle strawberry puree over the top of the cream mixture. Use knife to cut the puree into the cream mixture, running it back and forth through the puree until it's all swirled in with the cream mixture. You don't want to completely combine the pure it!
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze overnight, or for 8 hours until set.