Fresh Vegetable Salad is a quick & easy recipe that’s loaded with veggies and tossed in a creamy dressing making it the perfect side dish for potlucks!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Where do I being with this vegetable salad recipe? It’s my mom’s favorite! She would make it all the time in the summer months when I was growing up. She found the recipe years ago, tweaked it a little to her taste, and ever since it’s been making an appearance at our dinner table. This bright, light salad is the perfect compliment to rich grilled meats and BBQ dishes, but it’s just as good alongside your favorite chicken dinner too! I may have even caught my mom eating it straight from the fridge with a spoon now and again.
Now I’m sure there are people saying, “Julie! Tomatoes are not a vegetable!” Yes, I know. We’re all going to be okay though. This salad is about bringing a gorgeous blend of produce together in a light and creamy dressing with a kick. It’s pretty, delicious, and after the first bite, you won’t care about the fruit/vegetable debate. Trust me. 🙂
Depending on the season, fresh corn can be a little hard to find. If you’re in a pinch you can get away with using canned corn. That being said fresh tastes about a million times better in the recipe, but I’ve made it both ways. You can also skip the jalapeno if you prefer. I like the kick it adds to the dressing (and so does my momma) but I get that not everyone is into spice. This salad can keep for a couple days in the fridge, but I recommend serving it within 3 hours of preparing if not immediately. The veggies are crisp and the dressing hasn’t pulled out too much of the water in the veggies. The next day the salad is still good, just not as good. Ya know? In any case, this recipe is sure to be a hit everywhere you take it! So get cookin’!!
Hungry for More?
Fresh Vegetable Salad is a quick & easy recipe that's loaded with veggies and tossed in a creamy dressing making it the perfect side dish for potlucks!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ears yellow corn, cleaned, cooked, cooled, and cut off the cob
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, jalapeno, celery seed, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside to let the flavors marry while you prepare the veggies, at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the chopped vegetables together.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and gently mix together until well combined.
- Serve Immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 hours.
You can leave out the jalapeno if you don't like your foods spicy. I like the extra kick it gives this dish.
If you're in a pinch, you can get away with two 15 ounce cans of corn that have been rinsed and drained, but fresh tastes better.