This fresh and easy Bourbon-Bacon Slaw is layered with flavors for a side dish you’ll want to make again and again! It’s a great side dish for any occasion!
I’ve never been very good about eating vegetables. But because I’m one of the bacon freaks I figured out that if you add bacon to veggies, they become 1 million times more delicious! So I’m slowly but surely add more veggies to our diet and a little bacon thrown in now and again is helping me get there.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This slaw is crazy good. I was worried right before I taste tested the dressing. Chili powder, lime, bourbon, mayo & a few spices? You guys, it totally works! Like REALLY works! I like this slaw so much I’d even eat it without the bacon. Blasphamy! But I do 100% recommend you leave the bacon in. The little pops of salty, porky goodness bump this slaw up a knotch and turn it into a summer mainstay.
Click HERE to see all the Bacon Month recipes we made this month!
Today’s Bacon Month Recipes
- Bacon Bourbon Caramel Cheesecake
- Bourbon-Bacon Slaw
- Steak with Bourbon Glaze & Bacon
- Avocado Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Champagne Miso Bacon
- Bacon S’Mores Martini
- Elvis Trifle with Bacon
- Bacon Hot Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup
- 4 strips bacon
- ½ head red cabbage cored and thinly slice
- While the bacon cooks, prep the cabbage and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, bourbon, lime juice, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, and garlic powder until well combined. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix until all of the cabbage is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once you're ready to serve the slaw, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy, flipping once, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Chop the bacon and add half to the cabbage, stir to combine. Transfer the slaw to a serving bowl, and then sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top. Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.