This fresh and easy Bourbon-Bacon Slaw is layered with flavors for a side dish you’ll want to make again and again! It’s a great side dish for any occasion!
I’ve never been very good about eating vegetables. But because I’m one of the bacon freaks I figured out that if you add bacon to veggies, they become 1 million times more delicious! So I’m slowly but surely add more veggies to our diet and a little bacon thrown in now and again is helping me get there.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This slaw is crazy good. I was worried right before I taste tested the dressing. Chili powder, lime, bourbon, mayo & a few spices? You guys, it totally works! Like REALLY works! I like this slaw so much I’d even eat it without the bacon. Blasphamy! But I do 100% recommend you leave the bacon in. The little pops of salty, porky goodness bump this slaw up a knotch and turn it into a summer mainstay.
Click HERE to see all the Bacon Month recipes we made this month!
Today’s Bacon Month Recipes
- Bacon Bourbon Caramel Cheesecake
- Bourbon-Bacon Slaw
- Steak with Bourbon Glaze & Bacon
- Avocado Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Champagne Miso Bacon
- Bacon S’Mores Martini
- Elvis Trifle with Bacon
- Bacon Hot Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cored and thinly slice
- While the bacon cooks, prep the cabbage and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, bourbon, lime juice, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, and garlic powder until well combined. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix until all of the cabbage is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once you're ready to serve the slaw, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy, flipping once, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Chop the bacon and add half to the cabbage, stir to combine. Transfer the slaw to a serving bowl, and then sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top. Serve immediately.