This post is sponsored by Iowa Corn. All opinions are 100%my own.
Easy side dishes like this Creamed Corn Casserole with Peppers are my favorite for busy weeknights or the holidays! This casserole is loaded with flavor and so colorful!
There’s something deliciously wonderful about homemade creamed corn. Maybe it’s the sweet corn or the creamy, buttery sauce. Or maybe it’s all the days I spent in the kitchen with my Southern grandma.
All I know is that creamed corn casserole is one of those side dishes that lives in my heart. For this creamed corn recipe I gussied up things a bit with red bell peppers and jalapenos for a colorful and flavorful version you can’t help but love.
I’ve been a corn lover ever since I was a little girl. Last month I was lucky enough to go on the #IACornQuest trip and learn more than I ever thought possible about corn. It was so amazing to learn about corn farming and meet some of the families that grow one of my favorite ingredients.
We tried all different kinds of corn-centric recipes on the trip. The corn casserole was probably my favorite of all because it took me back to Sunday suppers with the family. But creamed corn is still my go-to and that’s what I’m sharing with you today!
The sauce for this creamed corn casserole is on the thinner side which I love. It’s not super thick and crazy rich. There is cream cheese and butter in the sauce so you get those rich flavors, but it doesn’t coat your mouth. (That being said if you want that super creamy and rich version, try my creamed corn with bacon.)
The sauce will set up a little as the casserole cools and the butter and cream sauce will marry together even more. The peppers are a great contrast to the sweetness or the corn and creamy sauce. They’re bright pops that really balance out this dish.
For those that don’t like spicy, you can substitute one green bell pepper for the jalapeno. Or if you want more spice, leave the jalapeno seeds in. This dish is super easy to customize to your family’s taste.
Creamed Corn Casserole with Peppers
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 45.75 ounces cans of corn kernels equivalent to three 15.25 ounce cans
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the half-n-half and cream cheese until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture thickens, about 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside. (I prep the veggies while the cream cheese cooks.)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn, bell pepper, jalapeno, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the cream cheese mixture and butter to the bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer corn mixture to a 2-quart baking dish. Spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Hungry for More Corn?
- Black Bean Cakes with Corn & Mango Salsa
- Slow Cooker Potato & Corn Chowder
- Creamy Cornbread Casserole
- Southern Fried Corn with Bacon
- Corn and Tomato Salad
- Mexican Chicken & Corn Chowder
- Pressure Cooker Creamed Corn
- Chorizo Corn Black Bean Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken & Cornbread Casserole
- Honey Butter Creamy Skillet Corn
- Blueberry Corn Salsa
- Slow Cooker Bacon Potato Corn Chowder