This post first appeared on Yellow Bliss Road where I am a contributor.
Easy desserts like this Apple Spice Cake are great for all your Fall gatherings! From game day to birthdays, this easy cake will be a hit with all your guests!
Fall is my favorite season of the year. We don’t get leaves changing colors here in Arizona, but thankfully the weather cools down and I can start baking again! I love cookies, cakes, and muffins filled with baking spices and seasonal ingredients like pumpkin and apples.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
While layer cakes are great, sometimes I don’t want to go through all the effort. It’s nice to through everything in a pan, bake it, cool it, and slap a bunch of yummy frosting on top! Bam. Easy. Done. Delicious!
I like topping this cake with cream cheese frosting spiked with a little cinnamon, but it would be delicious with vanilla buttercream too.
If you want to get extra fancy, you could sprinkle extra cinnamon on top, some more diced apples – a combination of Granny Smith and Gala would be pretty with all the colors, or even candied pecans.
No matter how you dress it up, this Apple Spice Sheet Cake is a comforting and tasty dessert you’ll want to make again and again!
Hungry for More?
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Spice Cake:
Apple Spice Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 additions, mixing until just combined after each addition. The batter will be thick.
- Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to stir in the apples. Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for about an hour, or until about room temperature.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Add milk as needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cake in an even layer. Sprinkle with more ground cinnamon if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.