Just 5 ingredients and a few minutes stand between you and this Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake! Add some ice cream or sprinkles and enjoy!
Why We Love Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Five simple ingredients and just about 5 minutes of time are all you need to create an indulgent treat for one!
- This mug cake is made without eggs but with plenty of chocolate chip cookies and more chocolate chips, perfect for all of your immediate chocolate cravings.
- Chocolate Chip Mug Cakes are small and easy to make so they’re great for when kids want to make their own desserts too!
- Don’t forget the delicious toppings, like ice cream, more chocolate chips, sprinkles, and a dusting of powdered sugar, to really treat yourself.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make the Best Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
COOKIES: You need classic Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies, or other similar cookies for this recipe.
PANTRY ITEMS: Grab some granulated sugar or brown sugar instead if you find that you’re out. You will also need baking powder and mini chocolate chips.
MILK: Whole milk really boosts the flavors of the ingredients and provides moisture to make the mug cake soft but you could use 2% if that is what you have on hand.
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug CakeJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Add the chocolate chip cookies to a food processor and blend until they become a fine crumb.
STEP 2 In a mug or ramekin, stir together the cookie crumbs, sugar, baking powder, and milk. Then mix in the mini chocolate chips.
STEP 3 Microwave the mug for 1 minute. If the cake is not done, microwave for 10 seconds at a time until cooked. Let the mug cake cool for a few minutes and then top it with your favorite treats and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Everyone’s microwaves are different so 1 minute may be the right amount of time, too much, or not enough. It’s always better to undercook your mug cake than overcook it. So if you know your microwave cooks quickly, check your mug cake at 45 seconds and go from there.
- Not all mugs make great mug cakes! Sometimes mugs that are too tall or too wide don’t work so experiment with the mugs you have or just use a ramekin – it’s a perfect size. Also, mug cakes do rise while cooking so don’t use a mug that is too short.
- Just about any kind of crunchy chocolate chip cookie can be used, but the chewy variety will ruin your mug cake. So be sure you pick up the right cookies.
- Four Chips Ahoy! cookies weigh about 1.6 ounces. So if you are not sure if different cookies will work because of a size difference then try weighing the cookies instead.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake (no egg) FAQ
How do you make mug cakes better?
When it comes to mug cakes, it seems like everyone has a lot of little tips and tricks to help you produce the best-tasting mug cake possible. This is a really good thing. We all want you to eat amazing desserts, even if they only take six minutes to mix and cook! There are a few basic bases to cover, but a lot will depend on your personal ingredients, kitchenware, and microwave.
- Don’t overfill the mug. I know it looks like a small amount but if you’re really craving more, make two batches. Overfilling your mug will cause a pretty good mess in your microwave.
- As stated before, it’s better to undercook than overcook. If you check on your mug cake after 45 seconds of cooking, you may that you stopped it just in the nick of time for a rich, gooey cake. It’s easier to continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time if you want the cake cooked more, rather than getting stuck chucking the whole thing and starting over because it’s overcooked.
- Enjoy your mug cake right away. Sure, you can let it cool for a minute while you are spooning on those yummy toppings, but don’t wait too long. The mug cake will begin to harden and become chewy fairly quickly.
- Don’t forget all of the toppings you can use! Caramel sauce, Nutella, nuts, chocolate sauce (because who says no to more chocolate?), marshmallows, sprinkles, powdered sugar, ice cream, more chocolate chips, and whipped cream are all great ideas to get you started.
Other Recipes You May like
- Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake
- 25 Mug Cake Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- 8-ounce Coffee Mug Microwave-safe
- In a food processor, blend the cookies until a fine crumb forms. (Or use a rolling pin to crush them in a ziploc bag.)
- In a 6 to 8-ounce microwave-safe mug or small prep bowl, combine the crushed cookies, milk, sugar, and baking powder. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, then add an additional 10 seconds if needed.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes, top with more chocolate chips and/or ice cream, and enjoy.
- Make sure to use classic Chips Ahoy! cookies (or similar) and not chewy Chips Ahoy!
- 4 Chips Ahoy cookies are 1.6 ounces, this should help should you use a different brand.
- Top with whipped cream, ice cream, cookie crumbs, powdered sugar, and more.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.