Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect chocolate chip cookie! After years of trying different recipes, this is the best one we’ve tasted!
Cookies are the best thing on Earth. It doesn’t matter if it’s sugar cookies, pinwheel cookies, or double chocolate….they’re magical. I’ve been a sucker for chocolate chip cookies ever since I was a little girl. They’re the perfect cookie. We always made the Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe and they were everything I wanted. Until I made these Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Who knew one little change to the butter would yield such amazing results?! Hang on to your tastebuds kids. This is gonna be a sweet ride!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
So what’s the deal with brown butter? It’s amazing!! That’s what the deal is! You cook butter over medium heat until it becomes browned and little bits start to settle on the bottom of your skillet. The butter gets this amazing, deep almost nutty aroma and it pretty much makes everything taste better. Even chocolate chip cookies. Who knew?!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a mixing bowl combine, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two additions, mixing until just combined each time.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Portion dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 mins. Let cool and enjoy!
My boys went off about these cookies. I asked them straight up if they were better than my regular ones or just as good because you know how kids will shmooze you because you hooked them up with dessert? They swore up and down these cookies were better than my tried and true Toll House favorites, which is saying a lot. I’ve had that recipe memorized for years! Chocolate chip cookies were my pregnancy craving with my second son and I would make them every 7 to 10 days. No joke. All that being said, I totally agree with the boys. The extra 5 minutes to cook the butter is worth every bit fo the flavor it adds. One bite of this brown butter chocolate chip cookie recipe and you’ll be hooked!!
- Cashew Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Garlic Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
- Skillet Brown Butter Carrots
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Brown Butter Salted Caramel Sauce
- Brown Butter Parmesan Corn
- Apple Blueberry Bliss
- Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter Pecan Blondies with Brown Butter
- Browned Butter Cauliflower
- Snickers Cheesecake Bars with Brown Butter
Hungry for More?
- 5-Ingredient Vanilla Almond Snowballs
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Shortbread
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add butter to skillet and allow to melt. Once melted, whisk often as butter foams and begins to brown. Keep cooking until butter has created brown sediment on the bottom of the skillet and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and let cool while you get our your ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together brown butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth and combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and mix in by hand.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. (DO NOT skip this step!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion dough into 1 tablespoon balls and place on your prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden and set in the middle. Carefully remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes on the pan. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.