Ready to indulge? This Cookie Dough Cheese Ball will leave you dreaming about your next bite! Only 4 ingredients and OMG it’s just so good!
First thing first you guys, this Cookie Dough Cheese Ball is not a low-cal dessert. It’s unashamedly decadent and made of all the delicious things you crave. So set aside your calorie guilt and embrace this cheat day snack!
Pro Tip: It’s best shared with friends!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This cheese ball is known as “the crack ball” among our friends and family. My friend Treena has been making this cookie dough cheese ball recipe as long as I’ve known her. She serves it up on the weekends when everyone goes to her house to watch football.
Which is good. You need some friends to help you eat it… because you’ll want to eat the whole thing by yourself.
It’s really easy to do because once you try a bite.
Mike and I always find our selves drifting back over to the food table for just one. more. taste.
Cookie Dough Cheese Ball Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Chopped pecans
Basically everything delicious in the baking world.
And the best part is if you don’t like nuts (or have allergies) you can swap them out and roll your chocolate chip cookies dough cheese ball in even more chocolate! Mini chocolate chips work the best to really coat the outside of your cheese ball.
One of the things I really love about this chocolate chip cheese ball is that you can make it ahead of time. It’s one less thing to prep for your party. All you need to do when it’s time to serve the food it plate your cheese ball.
How to Make a Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
The most important step for this recipe is to get everything at room temperature. DO NOT microwave the butter, cookie dough, or cream cheese to soften it. The mixture will get too mushy and it won’t form into a ball. It’s better to have your ingredients be a little on the cool side than too warm and soft.
- Start by placing the butter, cream cheese, and cookie in a mixing bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until it’s completely combined. You don’t want any big chunks of cream cheese or butter in the cookie dough. (This also counts as your “arm day” workout. You’re welcome.)
- After that, lay a good-sized piece of plastic wrap out on your counter. Then take the cookie dough mixture out of the bowl and use your hands to shape it into a ball. Place the cheese ball on the plastic wrap and cover it up.
- Pop your cheese ball into the fridge for a couple of hours so it starts to set up. (If you’re in a hurry, you can coat the cheese ball right now and serve it. It’ll just be a little soft and malleable.)
- Once the cheese ball has chilled, take it out of the fridge ad unwrap it.
- Now you’re ready to coat it! Pour the pecans into a shallow bowl or onto a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the nuts until it’s completely coated. (If you’re using chocolate chips for the coating, follow these same steps.)
- Then plate up your cheese ball with a cheese spreader and your favorite sides. Or chill your cheese ball in the fridge in an air-tight container until you’re ready to serve it.
What do you serve with a cheese ball?
We eat this bad boy with Nilla Wafers and OMG is it magical! Highly, highly recommended.
You can use mini vanilla wafers if you can’t find the full-size ones, but I don’t think they’re big enough to get the bite you really want from this cream cheese cookie dough ball. Trust me. I’ve had years of experience.
That being said, this cheese ball would be delicious served with graham crackers, shortbread cookies, or apples. You can even serve it with pretzels too! Salty & sweet? Yes please!
How long do cheese balls last?
This chocolate chip cookie dough cheese ball recipe easily lasts for a week in the fridge.
You know… if it doesn’t get eaten before then.
When you’re ready to serve up this dangerous dessert bomb, put it on a plate, stab it with a cheese spreader, and you’re in business. Everyone will worship you for making this cookie dough cheese ball!!
Need some more no bake happiness in your life?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 16.5 ounces pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Stir together the butter, cream cheese, and cookie dough in a mixing bowl until combined and smooth.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap. Remove the cookie dough mixture from the bowl and form it into a ball. Place ball onto the plastic wrap and cover completely.
- Refrigerate cheese ball for at least 2 hours, or until the cheese ball has firmed up.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and uncover it.
- Place the pecans in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the pecans until completely covered.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you prefer to use homemade cookie dough or eggless cookie dough, you'll need to measure the dough by weight before adding it to this recipe.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.