Dive into an Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake for a quick 3-ingredient dessert that also makes a great St. Patrick’s Day treat with a boozy twist!
Why We Love Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake
- Three ingredient mug cakes are so fast to make and take only a minute or two in the microwave to cook!
- Since you only need your food processor and a mug, clean up is quick and easy.
- Mug cakes make individual servings so you can whip up a scrumptious dessert just for you!
- You can top your Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake with the toppings you love most- whipped cream, fruit, ice cream, or more chocolate.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake
COOKIES: Regular Oreo cookies work best in this recipe so skip the Double Stuf Oreos and save those for snacking.
LIQUOR: You’ll need Baileys Irish Cream to give this mug cake its delicious boozy flair.
SECRET INGREDIENT: Adding baking powder makes this cake fluffy without adding any of the usually cake ingredients since the Oreos take care of them.
How to Make Irish Cream Oreo Mug CakeJump to Recipe
STEP 1 In a food processor, add the Oreo cookies and blend until the cookies are fine crumbs. Pour the cookie crumbs into a microwave-safe mug.
STEP 2 Add the Irish Cream and baking powder to the Oreos and mix until everything is combined.
STEP 3 Microwave the mug cake for 1 minute. If it needs more cooking time, microwave for 10 seconds at a time and keep testing for doneness with a toothpick. Once the mug cake is done, let it cool for 2 minutes and then add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- For this recipe, use the traditional Oreo cookies and not the Double Stuf. There is too much cream in the Double Stuf and not enough cookie to crumble into a flour base for the mug cake.
- Make sure to use a microwaveable cup that is large enough for the mug cake – I recommend a 6 to 8-ounce mug. The baking powder helps the cake to rise and it may get a little taller than the mug but don’t worry, it shouldn’t spill over and make a mess like a regular cake can in the oven.
- If your mug cake is not fully cooked after one minute, continue to cook the mug cake in short intervals. The mug cake can easily be overcooked and dried out so shorter cook times are best.
- For a fluffier mug cake, substitute one tablespoon of the Baileys Irish Cream with one tablespoon of milk.
Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake FAQ
Why are mug cakes so popular?
Mug cakes have been around a while are incredibly popular because they are quick to whip up and you can make them just for yourself! Recently, Oreo Mug Cakes have gone viral on TikTok so a whole new generation of people are discovering how amazing and delicious mug cakes are!
Do I have to use regular Baileys Irish Cream?
There are a few varieties of Baileys that you can choose from and I think they all go perfectly with chocolate! Traditional Baileys, caramel, Luxe, or Strawberries and Cream all bring a boozy boost of flavor to Oreo Mug Cakes! (Golden Oreos work great with the strawberries and cream Baileys.)
Other Recipes You May like
- 25 Mug Cake Recipes
- Irish Car Bomb Jello Shots
- Fudge Swirl Baileys Ice Cream
- Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake
- Irish Cream Pistachio Fudge
Irish Cream Oreo Mug Cake
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs (see note)
- Add the cookie crumbs, Irish cream, and baking powder to a 6 to 8-ounce microwave-safe mug. Mix until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Check for doneness. If the cake needs to cook longer, nuke it for 10 seconds at a time until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy warm.
- Instead of a food processor, you can pop the Oreos into a ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
- You can substitute 2 tablespoons Irish cream + 1 tablespoon milk for a slightly fluffier cake.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.