Bacon-Wrapped Breadsticks are two over my favorite indulgences in one happy bite!
What’s better than bread? Bread wrapped in bacon. Duh! These breadsticks are awesome, easy to make, and they’re extra good served along side your favorite pasta (mac and cheese, fettuccine alfredo, the list goes on!) to sop up all that extra sauce. Or you can just walk around the house munching on them like me and all the other bacon freaks.
We’re about halfway through bacon month and O-M-G am I drooling. This year has been my favorite by far and you DO NOT want to miss all the bacon-y goodness going on! So hit up the Bacon Month Giveaway and buy an extra pound of bacon at the store. You are going to want to shove all this yummy food in your face!
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 6 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a metal cooling rack in the pan over the foil. (The foil will make for easy clean up and the rack keeps the breadsticks from swimming in bacon fat.)
- Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape on a cutting board. It doesn't have to be perfect. Using a scraper or a knife, cut the dough into 12 long strips.
- Stack the bacon strips on top of each other, so they're all lined up. Cut the bacon strips in half long ways.
- Take one dough piece and one bacon strip half, place one end of the bacon under one end of the dough and wrap the bacon around the dough in a spiral. You want to end with the other end of the bacon under the other end of the dough. Place the wrapped on the wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough and bacon. (You may need two prepared baking sheets, or you can cook these in two batches, depending on the size of your wire rack.)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and dough is golden.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.