Get a little end of the day nirvana with our Enlighten-Mint Cocktail!
So how cool is this beer bottle? (right down there) Mike brought home couple the other day and I immediately ripped into one. Apparently the bottles are for a co-worker, but the beer is mine! Muahahahaha. Because these little babies are just so fun it also meant it was cocktail time at my house. While Mike and I were brainstorming Moscow Mules came up because of my of my recent crush on ginger beer, but meh. We can make something more interesting! So here we are, at Enlighten-Mint.
The name totally came from the buddha bottle, but the cocktail is all about fresh mint and whiskey happiness! This particular beer is an Asian style lager. Its clean crisp flavor that lets the mint and whiskey shine. But if you’re like me and like some serious ginger action, grab a Bad Panda ginger beer instead and take this cocktail to a whole new level!
- 4 ounces Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey (or your favorite whiskey)
- 6 springs of fresh mint
- 1 bottle of Lucky Buddha Asian lager or Bad Panda ginger beer
- Put the whiskey and 4 sprigs of mint into a small mason jar. Seal the jar and store in the fridge overnight. Remove and discard the mint. (You may notice the mint has discolored, that's okay!)
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice.
- Pour 2 ounces of mint infused whiskey into each glass. Fill each glass with ginger beer.
- Place one spring of mint in your palm and spank it, (you heard me, spank that mint!) and then place it in one of the cocktails. Repeat with the other mint sprig and serve immediately.