Whipped Hot Chocolate is a creamy, dreamy drink you’ll be absolutely obsessed with after your first sip! Make it hot or cold, it’s delicious both ways!
Move over Dalgona Coffee, whipped hot chocolate is coming in hot for the holidays! TikTokers and chocolate lovers are going to be crushing on this trendy new drink. Serve the whipped topping over your favorite hot chocolate recipe, chocolate milk, or iced coffee!
I know you’re sitting there thinking, “What is up with this whipped hot chocolate stuff?” It’s kind of like that Whipped Coffee thing earlier this year. The only difference is that this is some chocolatey happiness I can get behind!
Whipped hot chocolate is a pretty new trend on TikTok and it most commonly gets served over regular milk like the Dalgona coffee. I totally think chocolate milk or hot chocolate is a better way to serve it though.
Or the whip is so freaking delicious it could just be eaten on its own with a spoon. Because let’s be honest, I would totally do that… and have. It would also make a fantastic topping for desserts like chocolate cream pie.
Whipped Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Hot cocoa mix – Ghirardelli or Godiva hot cocoa mixes are ridiculously better in this recipe than any other brand. Drop the money. It’s worth it.
- Powdered sugar – Don’t use granulated sugar. It will make the whipped hot chocolate grainy.
- Heavy cream – Make sure heavy cream is nice and cold for the best whipping results.
- Chocolate syrup – I like to splurge on the primo stuff here too. It’s a bit thicker and has a richer flavor.
- Whole milk – The higher fat content of whole milk adds to the overall creaminess of this drink. You can get away with 2% if that’s what’s in the fridge though.
How to Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
- Start by grabbing a large glass or a mason jar. Add the hot cocoa mix, powdered sugar, and heavy cream to the glass.
- Using a hand mixer fitted with 1 beater, mix the cocoa ingredients together on medium speed until it’s all mixed up. Turn the speed up to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Then you want to grab two drink glasses. Add the chocolate syrup and milk to each glass and stir to make chocolate milk. (You could skip the chocolate syrup here, but why?!)
- Spoon the whipped hot chocolate on top of the chocolate milk. Top that off with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and some marshmallows. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can mix this by hand with a whisk in a bowl or by putting the lid on your mason jar and shaking the life out of it. But it takes quite a while to get stiff peaks and your arm will get tired.
You can make your Tik Tok whipped hot chocolate hot or cold. Hot milk gives that traditional warm fuzzy feeling. Cold milk saves some prep time and it a great way to get a chocolate fix on a hot day. Options people.
What can I add to my whipped hot chocolate
- Marshmallows – you can just mini marshmallows or marshmallow bits to keep the hot chocolate vibes going. Marshmallow bits are dehydrated mini marshmallows. You can find them near the hot chocolate at your grocery store, not by the regular marshmallows.
- Chocolate chips – I like mini chocolate chips for this drink because I can get more on top for extra chocolatey goodness!
- Crushed cookies – My kids LOVE when I sprinkle some crushed Oreos on top of their hot chocolate. But sugar cookies or ginger snaps would be delicious too.
- Pumpkin spice – Sprinkle a little on top of your whipped hot chocolate and you’ve got fall in a cup.
- Peppermint – Mint and chocolate are best friends! Add a little peppermint extract into your whipped hot chocolate or sprinkle some chopped peppermints on top. Oooo! Or even some peppermint schnapps to make it a little boozy!
Gimme all the chocolate things!!
- No Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Shortbread
- Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Jack Daniel’s Cupcakes
- More dessert recipes
Whipped Hot Chocolate
- Add hot cocoa mix, powdered sugar, and heavy cream to a large glass or mason jar.
- Use a hand mixer fitted with 1 beater to beat the cocoa mixture together on medium speed until combined. Increase speed to high and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Add the chocolate syrup and milk to a glass and stir to combine.
- Spoon the whipped hot chocolate on top of the chocolate milk and top with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and mini marshmallows.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.