This post first appeared on Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
Day drinking is totally acceptable when it’s Spiked Blackberry Lemonade Punch! This cocktail screams summer and is the perfect drink for your next cookout!
I’ve had a major blackberry crush this summer. I’ve been putting them in everything from The Belmont Bramble to my Blackberry Mint Fool! Blackberries are perfect for when you’re having strawberry burn out and the color is something I just can’t get enough of!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
I’ve started keeping a jar of fresh blackberry puree to add to my favorite cocktails. When my son refused the blueberries I got him at the store (seriously?! he eats every fruit under the sun!) I decided to whip up a fun summer punch that’s perfect for lazy evenings on the porch or your next cook out.
I used a citrusy sauvignon blanc for this punch, but your fave sauv blanc or a crisp pinot grigio would work great too. If you’re not a regular drinker, I’d start with 1/2 cup of vodka. Try the punch and see if it’s to your taste. I used 1 cup of vodka in my punch, but you know yourself and your guests best. This punch gets even better as it sits. You can make it up to 1 hour before serving so your ready to go when the party starts.
Spiked Blackberry Lemonade Punch
- 12 ounce package fresh blackberries
- 12 ounce package fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups good lemonade
- 1 cup citrus vodka
- 750 mL bottle of sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 lemons sliced
- Add one 6-ounce package of blackberries to a food processor or blender along with the sugar. Puree until smooth. Press the puree through a fine mesh sieve and discard the pulp and seeds. You should be left with about 1/2 cup fresh blackberry puree.
- To a 2.5 quart pitcher, add the blueberries and blackberries.
- Pour in the lemonade, blackberry puree, vodka, wine, sweet and sour, and water. Stir to combine until the puree with evenly mixed into the drink.
- Add the lemon slices to the pitcher.
- Fill a rocks glass or wine glass with ice. Fill the glass with punch allowing the blueberries to fall into the glass. Add one lemon slice on top fo the ice for garnish.