This Sausage Pinwheels Recipe is an easy, make-ahead appetizer that’ll be the hit of your next party! Your guests will come back for seconds!
You know what my favorite part of the holidays is? Stuffing my face with all the delicious bites people put out at parties. I keep things under control, but getting to sample a plethora of dishes is food heaven for me. I’m totally that person who gets to a restaurant and can’t decide because 3 or 4 things sound awesome and I want a little of each. Thank goodness my husband is the sharing type.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Pinwheel recipes are one of my favorite easy appetizers. You can make them in just about every flavor under the sun and are always a hit with friends & family. Better yet, you can make them ahead of time and slice when your ready to serve, or pre-slice them, put the pinwheels on a platter, and serve when ready. Love love love any recipe that makes my parties easier!
These Sausage Pinwheels are one of my go-to year round pinwheels. Just a few simple flavors combine to create an addictively good party bite. I’m a garlic lover and put 2 cloves in my cream cheese mixture. If you like your garlic on the tame side, one clove will do just fine.
And if you’re getting ready to throw your annual holiday party you’re in luck! This month’s feast + devour cooking club is sharing all kinds of delicious holiday appetizers to make your guests ooo, ahhh, and say yum all night long. Make one or two, or try them all! There’s something for everyone!
- Sausage Pinwheels Recipe from Bread Booze Bacon
- Cheesy Havarti Hot Spinach Dip from Kleinworth & Co.
- Puff Pastry Chorizo Rolls from Cooking with Curls
- Low Carb Taco Bites from Home.Made.Interest.
- Apple Cranberry Baked Brie from Sugar & Soul
- Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Ball from The Creative Bite
- Honey Rosemary & Walnut Baked Brie from Celebrating Sweets
- Ultimate Cheese Chicken Club Crescent Roll Ring from The Two Bite Club
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls from Liz on Call
Sausage Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 12 inch tortillas 3 of them
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the sausage until browned, about 8 minutes. Be sure to break the sausage into small pieces as it cooks. Transfer the sausage to a paper towel-lined bowl to drain while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- To a medium mixing bowl add the cream cheese, garlic, green onions, mustard, salt, pepper, and sausage. Use a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula to mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the filling over one of the tortillas. I ignore the outer 2-inches on the left and right sides of the tortilla since those usually get discarded anyway.
- Gently roll up the tortilla until it forms a long. Set aside, seam side down, and repeat with the two remaining tortillas.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off both end of the tortilla log to where the filling starts. Cut the logs into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve (or up to 2 hours).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Erin @ The Speckled Palate says
I love that these apps are make-ahead and good to go! We’re definitely gonna enjoy these while watching football this weekend.
Jennifer Murphy says
Divine! Always a hit!