Tostada Pizza is an easy to make weeknight meal that’s a total fusion of Taco Tuesday and Pizza Day! It’s a wonderful to make for family and friends!
Pizza is on of my all time, I could basically eat it just about every day foods. Seriously, what ‘s not to love? A flavorful thin or thick chewy crust topped with anything you can imagine! Red sauce, mozzarella, and basil. Gyro meat and feta cheese. Alfredo sauce and bacon. OMG they’re SO good! So with cinco de mayo around the corner, today I’m giving my pizza Mexican-ish twist!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
One of the best things about this pizza is pick eaters LOVE it! Eat person eating can choose their own toppings, tons of lettuce, avocado, and sour cream or tomatoes and salsa. It’s whatever you like. If you aren’t into spices, leave them out and just regular old ground beef. It’s pizza! It’s supposed to be fun and be anything you can dream it to be! So get cooking!
- ½ recipe Homemade Pizza Dough or store bought
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 can refried beans warmed according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Dice tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (or check store-bought dough package for cooking temperature.)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until brown there is no longer any pink. Drain any grease in the skillet. Season with chile powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add water, stir, and simmer until water is gone, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat a pizza stone in the oven. Spread out pizza dough on pizza stone and par-bake dough for 5 to 7 minutes. (Or use a pizza pan that has been greased and floured - or line a baking sheet with a silicone mat)
- Carefully remove the dough from oven and top with refried beans. Spread beans evenly to within about 1/2-inch of the dough’s edge. (I never use all the beans, don’t feel like you have to.) Top beans with the ground beef, and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven, and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice pizza and top with your favorite tostada add-ons.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply