Tostada Pizza is an easy to make weeknight meal that’s a total fusion of Taco Tuesday and Pizza Day! It’s a wonderful to make for family and friends!
Pizza is on of my all time, I could basically eat it just about every day foods. Seriously, what ‘s not to love? A flavorful thin or thick chewy crust topped with anything you can imagine! Red sauce, mozzarella, and basil. Gyro meat and feta cheese. Alfredo sauce and bacon. OMG they’re SO good! So with cinco de mayo around the corner, today I’m giving my pizza Mexican-ish twist!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
One of the best things about this pizza is pick eaters LOVE it! Eat person eating can choose their own toppings, tons of lettuce, avocado, and sour cream or tomatoes and salsa. It’s whatever you like. If you aren’t into spices, leave them out and just regular old ground beef. It’s pizza! It’s supposed to be fun and be anything you can dream it to be! So get cooking!
- ½ recipe Homemade Pizza Dough or store-bought dough
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 16 ounces canned refried beans warmed according to package directions
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until brown there is no longer any pink. Drain any grease in the skillet.
- Add the chili powder oregano, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and tomato sauce to the beef. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread out the pizza dough on a 14-inch pizza pan until it's about 12 inches wide. (For a golden crust, brush the dough with some olive oil.) Bake for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza crust from the oven. Spread on a layer of refried beans (as much as you like) leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Top the beans with taco meat and shredded cheese. Bake for about 8 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and/or olives before slicing and serving warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.