This post first appeared on Yellow Bliss Road where I am a contributor.
When you want an easy dinner idea, Mexican Lasagna Recipe is at the top of the list. Ready in 45-minutes and loaded with flavor, it’s a family favorite!
There’s something about the spices, cheese, and meat combination in Mexican food that speaks to me on a visceral level. More often than not when Mike and I can’t decide what to eat we choose tacos or burritos. It’s a craving! Just like my mom’s coconut cake recipe. You can imagine our fixation on this easy Mexican Lasagna. It’s the ultimate combination of taco filling layered with tortillas and gooey cheese for an easy weeknight meal you’ll want to make again and again!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
While this recipe is called “lasagna” there’s no pasta to be found. I’m using the term loosely for this layered casserole. Instead of noodles, I’m using corn tortillas as the starch and let me tell you, it’s pretty magical!
What’s in Mexican Lasagna?
- Corn tortillas
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Black beans
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- Cook ground beef until browned and then mix with taco seasoning.
- Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Layer beef with tortillas in a baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
So incredibly easy! This recipe has become my go-to for nights when I don’t know what I want to make and the family is staring at me like they haven’t eaten in a week. I always have the ingredients on hand.
Hungry for More?
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 14.5 ounces canned fire-roasted tomatoes drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cups salsa
- 15 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for garnish
- Green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink. Do not drain.
- Add taco seasoning to beef and stir until combined.
- Add corn, tomatoes, black beans, and 1/4 cup salsa to the ground beef and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons salsa in the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch pan and spread to cover the bottom. Layer with 5 tortillas (4 whole and one cut in half to fill in the gap.)
- Add 1/2 of the beef mixture over the tortillas and then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers - tortillas, remaining beef mixture, and 1 cup cheese.
- Top lasagna with 5 tortillas just like the previous layers. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons salsa over the tortillas. Sprinkle on remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 slices, plate lasagna, and top with sour cream and green onion for garnish if desired.
- You can substitute ONE store-bought taco seasoning packet if you prefer.
- You can use whatever salsa you like for this recipe. It's a great way to add extra heat or keep things mild depending on your taste preference.