Even the kids will want seconds of crispy roasted Lemon Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli! With a sprinkle of cheese, it’s the perfect side dish!
Why We Love Air Fryer Broccoli
- The light and fresh citrus flavor and salty parmesan bring this side dish up a notch and make broccoli fun again!
- By using the air fryer for this broccoli recipe you keep the freshness of the vegetable so it doesn’t get rubbery or soggy.
- You can quickly make this super easy broccoli while you’re cooking the rest of dinner without having to heat up your house with the oven.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Lemon Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli
BROCCOLI: Since broccoli cooks down when roasting, I like to make a little extra. I used 6 cups (about 2 heads) for 4 servings. You can easily cut all the recipe amounts in half to make 4 smaller side-dish servings. Whatever fits your dinner needs.
SEASONING: We’re keeping things simple with some salt and pepper plus a little garlic powder. Lemon, Parmesan, and garlic are totally friends.
LEMON: Fresh lemon juice tastes the best for this recipe, and you’ll only need 1/2 of a lemon. However, if you already have bottled juice on hand, you can totally use that instead. No judgment here.
PARMESAN: Grab a block of Parmesan and grate it yourself. It’ll melt beautifully over the warm broccoli!
How to Cook Broccoli in an Air Fryer
STEP 1 Chop up the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and place them in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the seasonings. Then toss everything together.
STEP 2 Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. Once it beeps, pour some water into the air fryer pan, under the basket. Then pour the broccoli into the basket.
STEP 3 Cook the broccoli for 8 to 10 minutes. It should be tender with crispy edges.
STEP 4 Pour the cooked broccoli into a clean mixing bowl and toss in the lemon juice. Then plate the broccoli or transfer it to a serving bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- If you prefer regular roasted broccoli, skip the lemon and Parmesan. It’s that easy.
- You can dress up your roasted broccoli with all kinds of things – cheddar cheese, a pinch of red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning – whatever you like.
- If you like your broccoli extra crispy, cook it for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- You can buy whole heads of broccoli or a pre-cut bag of broccoli florets to save on prep time. You’ll need about 18 ounces or pre-cut florets to equal 6 cups.
Air Fryer Broccoli FAQ
How long to cook broccoli in an air fryer?
For raw broccoli you will cook for about 8-10 minutes, for frozen you can either thaw it first or add 2-5 minutes to the cooking time, check and turn at least once so it cooks evenly through.
More Tasty Sides to Serve with Dinner
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes
- Creamed Corn Casserole with Peppers
- Creamed Spinach with Bacon
- Scalloped Potatoes
Lemon Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasonings. Then toss to coat.
- When the air fryer is preheated, add the water to the bottom of the air fryer pan, under the basket.
- Add the broccoli to the basket and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the broccoli is slightly crispy.
- Remove the broccoli from the basket and place in another mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl or dinner plates and top with Parmesan before serving warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.