This simple, classic margarita recipe is the best margarita you’ll ever taste! Your only 5 minutes away from cocktail bliss!
A margarita is one of those amazing cocktails that are always good. You can have a standard, classic margarita or get creative with different flavor add-ins, like this pomegranate margarita. Then there’s the tequila. Pick your favorite, try a new one and find the perfect combination for your palate. This is The Best Margarita Recipe I’ve ever had. It’s the margarita Mike used to make for me back when we bartending together and it’s perfection. Smooth, delicious, with the perfect amount of tequila. Salud!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
There’s something about a margarita that is just so inviting. Maybe it’s the punchy tequila, the tart sweet and sour mix, or that salt-rimmed glass. It doesn’t matter to me as long as you keep them coming. This classic recipe is incredibly easy to make. Just 3 ingredients, some ice, and a couple of garnishes create cocktail heaven.
Because this recipe is so simple the trick to a really great margarita is quality ingredients. Choose a good tequila, none of that bottom shelf stuff. A silver, gold, or reposado tequila all work great here. Then it’s time for some triple sec. The standard orange liqueur is fine, but you can go next level with some Grand Marnier or Cointreau. Then there’s the sweet and sour mix. Please please please make your own. It is so easy you’ll wonder why you’ve never done it before.
HOW TO MAKE A MARGARITA
- Cut a slit in a lime wedge and place on the rim of a margarita or rocks glass. Run the lime around the rim of the glass. Remove lime and dip the rim in margarita salt. (Or you can use this handy glass rimming caddy.) Carefully fill the glass with ice.
Pour in tequila, triple sec, and then fill the rest of the glass with sweet and sour or margarita mix.
Garnish with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
If you prefer your margaritas blended (frozen) instead of on the rocks, I’ve got you covered. The same idea applies here, but you need to make a batch of margaritas at a time so everything blends properly.
More of my favorite cocktails
- Pina Colada Rum Punch
- Fish Bowl Cocktail
- Margarita Tequila Jello Shots
- Hurricane Party Punch Recipe
- More drink recipes
My favorite recipes to go with this margarita
- Chorizo Queso Fundido
- Easy Seasoned Chicken Tacos
- Mexican Pinwheels Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Tinga
- More Mexican food
- Cut a slit in a lime wedge and place on the rim of a margarita or rocks glass. Run the lime around the rim of the glass. Remove lime and dip rim in margarita salt. Carefully fill glass with ice.
- Pour in tequila, triple sec, and then fill the rest of the glass with sweet and sour or margarita mix (about 4 ounces).
- Garnish with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.