This Fish Bowl Cocktail is a fun party drink, perfect for sharing with friends! It’s a grown up spin on a classic punch for all of the Finding Dory fans!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Okay. Now I know Finding Dory is supposed to be a kids movie, but I loved (like L-O-V-E-D) Finding Nemo so I’m taking Dory back for the grown ups with a fun fish-themed cocktail. Fishbowl cocktails have been a staple at bars for years. They’re a gimmicky drink that’s fun to order and share with your friends. But really, what’s not to love about a big bowl of rum punch?!
Ready? Good! There are a few different ways you can go about creating this cocktail. I like the little pellet ice (like the stuff they sell at Sonic) because it’s awesome and it creates a nice solid layer on top of the drink to hold the fish candies. I made this drink in a 1-gallon bowl. If that’s a little more than you’re ready for (and let’s be honest, the straws were barely long enough), you could totally use a 1/2 gallon bowl instead. Either make two drinks or half the recipe. The biggest thing I’ve seen floating around (ha!) is adding rainbow Nerds candy to the bottom of the bowl for “gravel”. That’s on you. As you make the cocktail the Nerds will begin to melt turning your beautiful blue into a murky blue with a hit of brown. That and the candies can get sucked up your straw. You’ve been warned.
For this month’s blockbuster bloggers we’re hyping on Finding Dory for some fishy fun for kids and adults alike! I can’t wait to take my boys to see this movie, and I’m pretty sure that once they’ve seen it Dory will become the next birthday party theme. So we’ve put together some super fun eats, drinks, and goodies to help you just keep swimming.
- Ocean Water Punch from Around My Family Table
- Fish Bowl Cocktail from Bread Booze Bacon
- Ocean Cupcakes in a Jar from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Dory & Nemo Party Cups from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Pineapple Blackberry Ice Cream Parfaits from The Speckled Palate
- Easy Ocean Cupcakes from Celebrating Family
- Finding Dory Snack Mix from A Savory Feast
- Finding Dory Coffee Pot Play Set from A Little Slice of Us
- Finding Dory Game from Simply Kinder
- Finding Dory Printable from Home.Made.Interest.
- Finding Dory Movie Munchies Mix from For the Love of Food
- 1 cup silver rum
- 1 cup good vodka
- 3/4 cup blue curaçao
- 1 1/2 cups sweet and sour
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Swedish fish candies
- Citrus fruit slices, optional
- One 1-gallon fish bowl
- Lots of straws
- Fill your fish bowl 1/3 full with ice. If you can find it, get the little pellet ice cubes (like they sell at Sonic). Pour in the rum, vodka, and blue curaçao. Give everything a little stir.
- Pour in the sweet and sour, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda.
- Add more ice as needed to fill the bowl and create a good layer on top to hold the fish.
- Place a handful of straws in the fish bowl and top with a few Swedish fish. (The fish will eventually fall to the bottom of the fish bowl, but that's okay.)