Grilled Cheese alla Vodka is a creamy, gooey bite of cheesy happiness with a touch of tomato sauce! It’s the perfect grown up sandwich to eat for lunch!
Grilled cheese is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. I can’t even begin to count how many times my mom would make me a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup growing up. It’s our pre-trick-or-treating meal, and a tradition I’ve carried down to my own boys. So you can imagine my excitement when this month’s 12 Bloggers recipe theme was grilled cheese!! If you’re new to the 12 Bloggers series, here’s the skinny. There are 12 bloggers (duh) and we’re bringing you 12 themed recipes with 12 ingredients or less…on the 12th of each month. Fun, right?!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
This particular grilled cheese comes from my obsession with the Pasta all Vodka at Brio. I’ve lost count of how many times I ordered that past during the year and a half I worked there, but it’s my go to dish whenever I’m there. Along with the Black Pepper Shrimp. OMG, you guys…to.die.for! Okay, back to grilled cheese. This sandwich required two main things, ricotta cheese and vodka sauce. But a good grilled cheese is nice and melty, so some mozzarella was in order too. I like my vodka sauce with a little kick so I added red pepper flakes, but you can leave ’em out if you want. Just be ready for the filling of this unassuming looking sandwich to ooze out when you cut it in half. (see: use the crust bites to scoop up the filling on your plate for pure bliss!) I double dog dare you not to fall in love with this grilled cheese!
- Roast Beef Grilled Cheese by Big Bear’s Wife
- Chicken and Waffle Grilled cheese by Betsy Life
- Spicy Sausage and Mango Grilled cheese by Home Cooking Memories
- Hot Jelly Pepper Brie Sandwich by Cooking on the Front Burners
- Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Million Moments
- Grilled Cheese Alla Vodka by Bread Booze Bacon
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Night Owl
- Italian Grilled Cheese with Marinara Dipping Sauce by Pink Cake Plate
- Cowhorn Pepper Grilled Cheese by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese by See Vanessa Craft
- Grilled Strawberry and Goat Cheese Sandwich by Around My Family Table
Grilled Cheese alla Vodka
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup vodka sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 4 slices of good bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread evenly with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, smush together mozzarella and ricotta cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together vodka sauce and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Take 1 piece of bread and evenly spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture over the unbuttered side of the bread. (You going to get butter on your hand, you'll live.) Place the bread slice, butter side down, in the hot skillet. Repeat with one more slice of bread.
- Spoon 1/2 the vodka sauce mixture over the ricotta on each of the slices of bread. Using your spoon to spread the sauce evenly over the cheese mixture.
- Take another slice of prepared bread, and spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture evenly over the unbuttered side of the bread. Place the bread, ricotta side down, on top of one of the bread slices in the skillet. Repeat with last slice of bread.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet to a plate and serve warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.