One bite of these Crab and Bacon Rolls and you’ll be hooked! This easy party appetizer is like a crab cake wrapped in bacon and everyone loves it!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
There’s something completely glorious about finger foods. Pick ’em up, pop ’em in your mouth and done! No plate to worry about and you can have about a dozen of something before you even think twice about how much you’ve had. (Which could be a blessing or a curse, but I’m a glass half full kinda girl.) So naturally, when we have friends over I love to make bite-sized appetizers for everyone. They’re always the first thing to go from our game day spread.
These Crab and Bacon Rolls are crazy easy to make and pretty damn good. They’re like a little crab cake all wrapped up in bacon and then broiled until they’re nice a crispy. What’s not to love?! The crab mixture has a little tomato sauce for savory fullness, some lemon juice for brightness, and Italian bread crumbs to bind everything together and add some seasoning. There’s a whole lot of crab though because that’s the important part of a crab cake kids.
Now a little note about this recipe. Only the outside bacon gets crispy. The inner layers cook through but aren’t crispy. You can minimize the un-crispy areas by cutting your bacon strips in half and stretching them out a little and then wrapping them around the crab. And if you’re doing that, double the filling and get twice as many. Instant party platter!
If you’re loving all these bacon month goodies then you are in luck! This week’s recipes are below, but you can see last week’s recipes or all the past Bacon Month recipes by clicking these links as well. Try not to drool all over your keyboard!
Bacon Month | Week 3
- Crab and Bacon Rolls
- Epic Bacon Croque Madame Pizza
- TABLET Sandwich
- Bacon Pesto
- Bacon Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger
- 7-Layer Salad
- No Churn Bacon Ice Cream
- BLT Puff Pastry Tart
Hungry for more?
- 12 ounce cans fancy crab, drained (equivalent to two 6 ounce cans)
- 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 12 strips bacon
- Preheat your oven's broiler to HIGH.
- To a medium mixing bowl add the crab, tomato sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, and lemon juice. Stir together with a fork until evenly combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion crab mixture into 12 equal portions (about 1 tablespoon each). Use your hand to press the crab mixture together and then form into an oval shape.
- Wrap one crab portion in one strip of bacon, being sure the bacon wraps all around the crab. Secure the bacon with a tooth pick. Repeat with the remaining crab and bacon.
- Place the crab and bacon rolls on a baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes. Flip over the rolls and broil for another 10 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the crab that's sticking out of the ends has browned.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from your oven. Transfer the rolls to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve immediately or at room temperature. The filling will be quite hot for several minutes after coming out of the oven.